Skip to main content

Re: Seeking all Seekers! Come Join SANE’s Scavenger Hunt - PRIZES FOR WINNERS!

@MJG017 Gorgeous cats. Do they get along well?

That's one thing about my current cat, she is 8 years old, but still loves to play like a kitten. And has her moments where she goes crazy pushing a bottle cap around the kitchen. lol

@tymeGood to know 🙂

@Mustang67They do love pushing a bottle cap around a hard floor don't they. 🙂

"Getting on" would depend on which cat you asked.  One is twice the size of the other and likes be near the other one.  So I think the smaller one feels a bit intimidated and likes his own space.  He will go up to his brother and decide to annoy him while he's asleep, so I think he does like to play, it's just more fun for him without the threat of an 'awake' opponent. 🙂  The bigger one does try to be fair though.  If he sees his brother coming he will flop down and lay there on the floor and just lazily move a paw towards him as he goes past.  I think the other then always senses a trap!

@MJG017 That's funny.

A few years back I ended up sleeping on a friend's sofa bed for 6 months as I had nowhere to live.  And the friends were breeders of English Staffordshire Terriers. I had no idea how Cindy would go with the dogs, as by the time we got Cindy, all my dogs had passed away.

They always had 3 dogs inside and they also had two cats, but had several more dogs in the runs in the backyard.

So we put Cindy in a large rabbit cage for the first day, to get the dogs used to her etc.

They had a couple of tiffs, but by the time I left, Cindy was doing exactly what your cats were doing when the dogs walked past. And she pretty much took over top dog and cat position in the house. She did so well with the dogs. She would even sleep on the bed while the dogs where on there with me. 

Hi @Jynx : ) I found one! I found one! I caught it out of the corner of my eye as I was driving and circled back, which was exciting in itself! Never thought I’d be so excited to find an old car : ) to photograph. But here she is…

IMG_5538.jpeg

@Harmonium I am so glad that you found one. It is a tricky one to find. I was going to look up cars for sale and go from there.

When I realised that my first car was too old, I was trying to think of ways of finding one, but then one basically fell in my lap. Lol

I hope you have had a good day 😃

Nice strategy @Mustang67  : /) If this one isn’t old enough I’ll give it a try. I’m not sure how old this car is but did some research and dropped into another universe I didn’t quite have time to extrapolate but, for now I figured it’s in the court with a soft landing.

How old, is anyone’s guess at this stage but here are a few clues…

IMG_5575.jpegthe nose looks different so I dug down and…

IMG_5580.png

IMG_5579.png

IMG_5579.png

IMG_5577.png

 My guess is an FJ Holden around the 1950s mark, but definitely pre 1950s is questionable. So I’m still on the lookout until someone informs me otherwise. I might have to try your cheeky plan Mustang!

My partner works for the MS society and they're having a fund raiser auction coming so she asked me to ask my brother, who is a vineyard manager for a local winery, if he could get me some wine to donate.  So i went down to pick it up today, turned the corner to get to his road and saw this...

pre50s.jpg

My partner wondered what was going on when i slammed on the brakes and swerved off to the side of the road!  If it's not pre50's it must be darn close!

@Mustang67Cindy sounds like a very smart cat!  I'm surprised you didn't go out there to find she had escaped the rabbit cage and trapped the dogs in there. 😃

@MJG017 it would have been funny to see your partner's reaction. 

It looks pre 1950's to me.