Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

p3p1t4
Contributor

lowering medications is tricky

I'm reducing my medication (with permission) tonight. I'm nervous. I could see a return of symptoms, which would be bad. 

I have felt numb on this medication - I don't have any emotions - so I'm hoping to get some feeling back - I'm just nervous that it'll be bad feelings

I've had some bad side effects so I'm hoping to solve those as well, so that's hopeful at least.

Any ideas on how to deal with this over the next little while?

3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: lowering medications is tricky

@p3p1t4 hi. Yes it can be tricky, depending on your medication, dosage, side effects, etc. I've had to do it a few times myself to wean myself off meds and change. I had to do it for my current meds and dosage because the day I started taking a high dosage I felt terrible physically with side effects. I still have some of them but I try to tolerate them, but this is about you and your questions and struggles not me.

I would suggest maybe writing down, or keeping mental notes, of your symptoms, how you feel physically and mentally, and seeing if you feel any worse, better, etc? If you notice any new side effects, if you can tolerate them? 

I know that isn't much, if any help at all, but that's what I do personally. Other than that my suggestion would be speak to your health professional like a Psychiatrist, if you have one, but I don't know your circumstances.

Either way, best of luck. I hope you feel better mentally and physically and the side effects go away or you can tolerate them.

Sorry I'm not much help, I hope others can be of assistance and more helpful to you.

Hi @Former-Member 

Thanks for your message. It's nice to hear that I'm not alone in this. I'll take your advice and write down symptoms and how my brain's going.

Thanks,

P3p1t4

@p3p1t4 you're welcome, I'm sorry my advice isn't helpful, I guess it would be more of a professional type job, but thats just what I do personally

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance