Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jules76
New Contributor

Too many decisions to make

Hi, I have a few decisions to make and not sure what to do. I am currently going threw court to have access to my child, I am finding it hard financially and mentally at the moment and am thinking about applying for a job, but I am on a disability pension. I haven't got much time to think about it as my police clearance checks will expire, what I am worried about is not keeping the pension and the concessions that go with it for my bills will be way too much and I can't work full time. I have anxiety of which flares up when I'm out of my comfort zone, which working may cause. I am not very comfortable with people at the best of times and the job involves helping others. what should I do, as my life at the moment is not totally stable with my mental health and I don't want to make matters worse. Or should I continue the way I am and maybe work later on when I am more stable? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Too many decisions to make

Hi @Jules76 ,

Thanks for reaching out on the forums. I know it has been a couple of days since you posted but I thought I would reach out as one of the mod's in here and touch base.
What a tough decision to make, sounds like you are really trying to weigh up the practicalities of taking on work with the emotional energy it will take. I can certainly understand the anxiousness about not wanting to jump into things when you are not feeling "stable" at the moment. I think self  care and balancing your emotional and practical well being is incredibly important. Maybe if you don't get any other responses on here you can try calling our Help Center between Monday to Friday, 10am to 10pm  and talk it out with one of our counsellors. They wont be able to tell you what to do, as it is your life and your choices, but sometimes just talking it all out and taking a step back helps us see things a little clearer.

I hope you are able to make a choice that continues to look after yourself and feel free to reach out again as things come up for yourself.
Take care,

Radius

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance