Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Good night @Snowie I hope you sleep well. All the best for ECT in the morning.

💜💜💜

@Snowie wrote:

I am glad that you have been doing some self care today. Sometimes it is even hard to do that when we are sad so well done hun @NatureLover 

Thanks for your kind encouragement, @Snowie Heart

Does the ECT have a cumulative effect? 

And did you manage to get some sleep last night? I really hope so...

I am so sorry that your mother said that to you. 😞 In my experience, MI is too strong for anyone to deal with by themselves. I'm sorry that your mother's ignorance spills over into cruel words for you 😞 I can relate to a parent's cruel words being triggering also, so I really feel for you, @Snowie . Sending soft gentle hugs and many wishes for healing and hope. 

Anyone around?

Yes @Snowie  👍💗

Thanks @Emelia8 

Struggling tonight with lots in my thoughts, my brain won't switch off.

How are you going?

Sitting with you @Snowie  HeartHeart

Oops sorry @Snowie .. the notification didnt come through.

Its a pain when our thoughts and brain refuse to shut down. Happens a lot with me too.

Did you have ECT today, and if so, how did it go?

Its been a hard day for me too. There are so many members here who really seem to be struggling so badly today. And a had a trigger earlier. And then we had a big wind storm this afternoon and we have a power outage. 

I think you were to be in hospital for 3 weeks this time? So a week down and only two to go.

How are the hubby, kids and dog coping this time?

Emelia

Yes I had ECT today, it seemed to go well, just makes me tired afterwards. Had a nap so that made things a bit better.

So many people are struggling at the moment, I don't think what is happening with isolation is making things better. I know I haven't seen my psych for over a month and that is affecting me too. Not that I can see her in person anyway, it is just via zoom the last few sessions.

Yes in hospital for 3 weeks, so 9 ect sessions all up. Hoping I start to feel the effects soon.

H and the kids seem to be coping ok. The kids are doing school via zoom so it makes it a little easier for H, he doesn't have to worry about driving them to and from school nor does he have to worry about their uniforms!

I'm sorry it has been a hard day for you too and that you were triggered. You have been through so much lately @Emelia8 that I hope it settles down for you soon.

Think I might go get my meds and hopefully sleep soon. It's the only way I think my brain will shut off tonight.

Okay @Snowie ... I hope your night meds help the brain to settle a little, and enable a restful sleep. I will be around for a while yet if you'd like company. Just yell. 👍💖

Sitting with you @Snowie 💜💚
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance