Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Hearing you too @Snowie. Such a double edged sword to be dealing with. It's so hard when other people fail to understand the effects of mental illness. While you're mother is very different to mine, my mum is all I have, despite her narcissistic tendencies. What to do? Like @Zoe7 I don't have any answers for you. Your life is difficult enough without the complications of relationship challenges. Have you talked to your pdoc or pyschologist about her and any strategies that might help? Sitting here with you.

Hearing you too @Snowie.HeartHeart

Some mothers have that knack of being able to push our buttons and send us into a spiral @Snowie You certainly do not need thatwith everything else you are dealing with. I can fully understand you not wanting to talk to her about your past - it is hard enough dealing with that with our supports (or even ourselves) so not wanting to discuss it with someone that makes you feel like you do now I can fully understand you not wanting to talk to her about it. We need care and compassion to talk about those things - not anger, self-pity or resentment. It does seem like your mother has her own issues that she is not able to deal with and is turning that outward onto you. It is hard not to let it get to you when it is cyclic as well - you walk on egshells to avoid it but when you least expect it the manipulation and negative comments come. Definitely listening Hon - and vent away as much as you need - we are here for you Heart

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs @Snowie some mothers can just be so difficult sometimes 💕

Goodnight @Snowie i hope tomorrow goea ok and isnt to tough 💟💟💟

Goodnight sweetie @Snowie 💕💕💕💕

Goodnight Hon and goodluck for tomorrow @Snowie Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance