Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I don't fit in

All of my life I have never fitted in.

my son now is feeling that he is in danger of being murdered.

I am lost. I have tried so hard to help him from afar as he is in hiding and is asking the impossible of me.

I have my own dreaded complicated horrible mind stuff that has overtaken most of my life.

I am away from home currently.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I don't fit in

Hello @Former-Member

I am so sorry to hear about what is happening for you lately on top of worrying about your son, you really do so much for him, he is so lucky to have your ongoing care and support.

I really hope you are also looking after yourself at the moment? We are here to talk if you are away from home and lacking support right now? How long have you been away from home for?

Thinking of you, take care of yourself

Lunar

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Lunar

I flew over to uk end of May for 8 weeks.

visiting huge family here. Most have never met before.

lost my 91 year old aunt late last year. Her 90 year old husband still alive as well as another 94 year old aunt of mine.

also met my late father's nephew who found me via ancestry trail. We visited unmarked grave of 4 family members and organised cleanup of grave and engraved headstone.

I have played musical beds and counties. Head in a spin.

my hiding son is fearful for his life. He believes that  they  have influenced my husband. He believes that Asio MI5 and govt depts are trying to poison him and cause him to have a heart attack. These same organisations have caused my mental ill health he keeps telling me. He wants me to arrange British citizenship for him

I don't know how to respond any more. There is nothing that I can do to help. 

I am not sleeping. I feel quite high wired.

I keep telling myself that I must not allow my thoughts to get out of hand. It is all out of my control. The whole story of his life is ghastly.

Hello @Former-Member

Wow that is quite a long trip, lots of meeting people and family gatherings which is lovely but also very exhausting especially if you are staying between places and not in your comfort zone.

I am sorry to hear about your aunt too Heart

And you must be terribly worried about your son and his mental health, it is good you are in contact but like you said a lot of that is out of your control, the best you can do is look after yourself and try to empathise with your sons worries when you feel up to it, not much else. Keep in simple and take each day one at a time okay.

Is there anything that helps you to slow your thoughts, such as journalling? Do you talk to your family and how you are feling at all?

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance