Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

@outlanderIts great to hear from from you and after reading your reponse. Its helped clarify my thinking and I am able to put things into perspective. I thought it was a toxic relationship. You're right I have to think what is best for me.On Thursday I will be attending my appointments and doing my self care activties. Next week is going to be busy with Milo and not sure what will happen after the surgery because Milo a high risk patient. 

I am bit tired atm but I think its relationship issues that are causing me to doubt myself and affect my mental health. I need to be around people who are supportive and not put myself into a toxic environment. You're really good at breaking things down because what you wrote made a lot of sense to me. I will write back tomorrow sometime and explain the other things that seem to be bothering me. I am feeling a bit better...

TY @utopia Heart

Hugs back to you my friend

@greenpea  Thanks for your message I had to get some sleep because I needed to be able to function today.

@MDTThanks for your kind words and support buddy

@TABI can relate to how you're feeling. People don't make things easy. And the reason why you get so anxious because you take things to heart. I am not good at dealing with pushy or confrontational people. At the end of the day it is just a job. Hope you're feeling more relaxed. Catch up with ya soon buddy.

Thank you my beautiful sister @Shaz51 

Here for you too.

How is Mr Shaz I hope he is behaving himself???

yes I can be thin skinned esp in work situations and with conditions/perceptions/bosses

I realised  recently that I used to walk off jobs with like practice work with father, I would always have to come up with a better way than he was using, I mean what would he know, having done job for thirty years?

I was creating a situation to get out of work and think have been doing it ever since. Thats worrying. Thanks for listening @oceangirl  Over the years I have come up with all sorts of survival tricks, but if there is no catalyst, like praise, felling valued or appreciated or a 'mate' there who 'gets' you its just well hard work

I run these things past friends who are the opposite, who should have left jobs, wo are driven and diciplined; not much sympathy there.

Yes, thats what I used to say ..its just a job.. not feeling guilty this time at least

sorry I've taken over your original post with my whinging. I hope you find a work around or a solution to the pushy people thing. I usually avoid them but thats a win for them dunno 

morning @utopia im really glad to hear things are going well for you. you've had such a hard time of things so hearing that its better for you is heart warming.
What have you been up to lately? How is your son going?

morning @oceangirl
im glad that you have a new found perspective, it can be hard to see things when we are living these experiences rather then seeing it from the outside 🙂

appointments, self care and taking care of Milo sounds like they are your high priorities which is more then ok 👍👍

Being mentally drained is very tiring, even though we aren't physically doing anything. its much the same with my pop. a lot of my things I do aren't physical ie pushing wheelchairs but he is draining mentally so my energy levels do drop quite abit too. so I can understand how being drained can upset the emotional balance and energy levels too.
Im glad that you are feeling better, here with a listening ear if talking about the other things bothering you will be most helpful Heart

Not doing much of anything @outlander .

My son is well.  A few more weeks and then it's year 11 exams.  And school will be over with for this year. 

How have you been? 

wow how time does fly hey @utopia
I hope he goes well in the yr 11 exams. 🙂
I am on and off ok, more lows then highs but am managing better when feeling low. Im mostly recovering from surgery atm so have been having a break from most things except from caring and the kids. horses and that roles reduced for the next 2 weeks.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance