Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hi @Shaz51. Things are just catching up on me. I'm worn out and feeling sad. It's been a hard year. Maybe I'm finally starting to grieve? I'll be ok, just a bad day. 

Thank you for asking 💚

I hope things are well with you 🌻

Yes sometimes it does catch up with us all my @Molliex 

sending you understanding hugs 

yes when we get overwelmed and sad , we need to rermember our self care which can be hard 

sitting with you @Molliex@Schitzo 

Thanks for your update @WIP  I'm so sorry this is such a terrible time for you (btw I'm sure a few of us are awake at 3am AEST so if needs be post or phone a support line if you want/need to). I only got 3 hours 38 minutes & was alright until my husband texted update re school. That guidance officer went on long service leave this week (final week of term 3) without responding to our email and phone messages or at least doing/passing on promised actions. I think that is unbelievable & negligent. I suggested husband phone School vice principal to at minimum explore more intellectually challenging class options after several teachers had suggested this to the guidance officer. He's had that initial GP appointment and another one for this Friday morning. He seems ok (laughing, interacting with siblings positively for the most part, initiating stuff, asking for clay to do some sculpting etc) & is working on assessments but his sleep pattern is not ideal (never has been). No further signs of self-harm & still not able/willing to articulate reasons for self-harm. I feel SO sad 😭 but can't seem to cry amidst my frustration with the school and uncertainty about what all this might/does mean. Not keen for him to see a psychiatrist at this point & he's refused GP's suggestion of equine therapy. It's the not knowing what he's going through (ie big feelings of some sort) that is so unsettling & it seems unlikely GP will get a clearer impression either. Anyway, at least he's jovial & staying connected with us. Sorry about that rave but the helplessness is starting to really hit me. 

On possibly a lighter note (for me anyway 😏) after a 31 year career including forensic mental health and prison work, for the first time ever I was instructed by a manager to write the F-word in a medical file (it was a direct quote from an angry resident)! 

hello @Sam3 Heart

@WIP Heart

Hi @Sam3 

How you function on merely 3 hours sleep a night with everything you have going on in your life, totally amazes me - you're wonderwoman!

I'm really glad to hear that you son seems ok and is engaging with family members, friends etc and there is no further signs of self harm, but I'm totally appalled at the guidance officer's behavior.  In my opinion, it's not acceptable.  I can understand your frustration, I would be too!

Did you husband end up contacting the school vice principal? I hope you've been able to get some answers from the school this afternoon. 

I wonder what your son's opinion of the guidance officer is? I thought of asking you that the other day, but forgot to mention it.

You're an intuitive Mum, listen to your gut on how to approach/handle your son.  If he doesn't want to do the equine therapy, don't force him.  You'll know where/how to steer him, when he needs you to.

After the day you had, I bet being able to write the 'F' word in a file would have felt extremely satisfying Smiley Wink

@Judi9877 I'm very late. I slept all day today. Hope your day was good. 

Good morning everyone have a great day 😊💜

Good morning @Ant7 How are you this fine Wednesday morning.?

Good morning Forumnites, Here we are anothwer Wednesday and wishing you all a day of goodness and sunshine.  Remember you are all important and matter.....there is greatness in each one of you... Happy Wednesday

@Hamsolo01  @Ant7  @TAB  @WIP  @Sam3  @Maggie  @outlander  @greenpea  @NatureLover  @Judi9877  @Angels333  @BPDSurvivor  @Dec  @Eve7  @Shaz51  @Emelia8  @The-red-centaur  @Dizzyizzy  @Lee82 @EOR @BPDSurvivor @Candydipper1 @ Nancy1 @Define_Normal @Anastasia @Schitzo    

@DJMasters  Hap-pea Wednesday to you to DJMasters!:D Hope the weather is sunny and warm in Brissy for you. Will be 27 degrees here so will go out for an early walk and do some gardening. Have a wonderful day. Love always peaxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance