Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Evening lil Sis @outlander. Hugs for the tough times. Missed you yesterday. I thought of you a lot

thanks sis i missed you too @Sans911
how are you going?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Awww @outlander  ... that doesnt sound so good. But well done for getting through the weekend. Sorry to hear there are problems with your Pop. Anything you want to talk about?

Yeah I missed you too. 💜

Sherry 😀

thanks but maybe a little later, im not really up for talking about me much. its hard to handle blame all the time esp when it comes from those closest to me

how are you going today? @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes, thats okay. When you're ready, or if you're ready.

Constantly wearing the blame, when its clearly unwarranted, is demoralising and very wearing.

Sounds like I'm a bit like you at present. I'm really struggling in so many areas right now. I wont go into it here, but I posted an update on my thread on the weekend. You may not have seen it, having been away. It sums up where I'm at right now.

Do you have much happening this week?

Sherry 💜

very wearing indeed @Former-Member im ignoring msgs at the moment becasue ive got 2 family members being so full on all the time and while im ok talking to them for gods sake talk to someone else about one or 2 things. sounds bad i know..

ill have a look on your thread, im still catching up on some posts from the weekend. im sorry your struggling so much though Heart

uh my pops got an appt that i need to attend with him on thursday, i had an appt at the same time but i can reshedule that, its not all that important anyway. then gp on friday but other than that its a relatively quiet week.

what about you?

I'm actually feeling good today @outlander, but I've had a busy day as I've been to a healthy living group this morning & my support group this afternoon. The support group was intense, as we talked about some deep things, but it was good to share stuff with others.

I'm outside with Mr A AND Jasper atm. Jasper's not on a lead as he doesn't tolerate it, but he's being very good and I can keep a good eye on him in the small garden I have. But the sand here is grey, so now his feet are black instead of white!

Ive got another busy day tommorow with appointments for my GP and psychologist, and my case manager also wants to see how I am. I had a nice quiet week last week so I guess it's time to ramp things up a little. Yesterday I slept on and off for much of the day.

It must be so hard to care for your pop when he finds so much fault with you. I'm sure you're not to blame for everything that's wrong. Has he always been so demanding and degrading or is this new behaviour?

@outlander

oh that sounds good @Sans911 it is good to talk sometimes with those who do get it.

oh hes being a good boy staying close by. oops to the black feet though! hopefully he doesnt make alot of messy paw prints in yoru house!

gotta love the 'rush' hey, everything seems to fall on the same day afer its been quiet for a while. it sounds like itll be abt of a long day for you having to talk to all those professionals...

i spoke to mum about one thing and she didnt know what to say either but i suppose its good she knows whats happening. she doesnt know about a few of the other things though. i pretty much got jumped on (not physically but with his issues or his issues with me and complaints) as soon as i walked in the door and mum had left here as she dropped off a few things that wouldnt fit in my car for me.
he has been like this for a while but hes getting worse esp this past yr.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander 

Yes it takes a while to catch up after being off line for a couple of days. I found the same after being away from the forums for 3 or 4 days last week. Take your time.

Sounds like the latter half of your week is busy enough. Maybe a bit of a chance for some Outlander time tomorrow and Wednesday though?

Similar for me, with appointments for hubby tomorrow and Thursday. Originally I had a psych apt for myself on Wednesday, but I cancelled it on Friday. So its a relatively quiet week for me too.  Thank goodness!

Sherry 🌺

Perhaps it's time for your mother to have a chat to your pop. He can't keep treating you this way as it's really unfair on you. You're doing all you can to help him out and he is being cruel and ungrateful. Perhaps he's upset that he's loosing his independence, however, that still doesn't make it right to treat you so callously. Who would take care of him without you? You have sacrificed almost everything for his needs.

It must be really hard to be you lil Sis. My heart almost breaks for you sometimes.

@outlander
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance