Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Volterra
Casual Contributor

deciphering my voices' messages

Hi. I am 41. I started hearing voices in February of 2012, aged 36. I hear them outside my head.

Up until then, I had experieced social anxiety, and some depression. I was very very self absorbed, and insular.

The first 6 months the voices were there they abused me non stop.

Eventually, they said something different: "you don't know how much misery you're responsible for".

I asked: "which misery?" to which i have received no reply in the 5 years since.

Another period later, they started telling me I need to "open my mind", and have "mind over matter". I asked what mind over matter means, and they told me it was having your mind's eye viewpoint up in the air above you, looking down. I achieved this, and it was excellent, a view point I had not had in 20 years.

Recently, they've told me since I have worked through anxiety and depression, i can help other people with anxiety and depression. I'm not sure if it these people who have the misery, or my friends and family who I had turned my back on in my twenties.

They also told me I have a good sense of humour (true) which can be used to help heal those people with anxiety & depression. I think this is an excellent idea, but they never tell me which people to help.

Today I contacted some Australian mental health organisations who offer online chat support, asking how I can help.

I'd really love to help people resolve their anxiety & depression.

Voices say society is desperate for some help.

Does anyone have any suggestion for how to approach the desire to help people resolve their anxiety & depression.

I've had the desire to be a counsellor before.

I'm torn between head and heart - I've applied for a web development course next year at uni....

Thoughts appreciated.

V

6 REPLIES 6

Re: deciphering my voices' messages

Have you looked into peer support work? I don't know much about it, but I know other organizations have peer support for people who hear voices.

Yeah I have 5-HT.

I found it quite boring.

Thanks for your reply though.

I guess from my perspective is to look inside yourself and decide if you want this as a career or a hobby?
My voices are only negative, so I don't know what it would be like having inspiring or supportive messages. But I view my voice as seperate to me. And I would wonder if my voice and my own desires lined up- if that makes sense?

And hobby and career have different paths if that makes sense?

idear lovely Volterra,
I'm a Christian btw lol. My illness was a spiritual illness so I thought with possible channeling going on. My mother who abused me verbally for years and once physically would go to psychics and she said she ' read me like a book' I believe my mother who would visit clairvoyants had called up something ie a spirit or dead person or demon.
It was some sort of spiritual malaise for me, and rather like spiritual schizophrenia with channeling involved and coincidences. Most secular Doctors and psychiatrists don't believe in a spiritual side to illness. But it is true some people can hear voices that are from the spiritual realm or they hear God or spirits. Jesus heard Father God and He could hear demons in the spiritual realm. When I was hearing from the spiritual realm I thought I was having some form of psychic attack. I heard things that later came true. Dad said it was the delusion of being an instituter of spritual things or arbitrator of spiritual things. But many clairvoyants can hear and see things from the spiritual realm too, and psychologists said I don't get delusions just the auditory voice like clairaudience.I have been to the Healing Rooms and Beloved Jesus has given some words of knowledge and a Rhema Word to the church elders to tell me. They prayed for the channeling to go and cut soul ties in my relationships.Cat Very Happy

I try not to try and hear what a muffled voice is saying. As it says in the Bible, Beloved Jesus said my sheep hear my voice and don't listen to the voice of a a stranger. I do not consult a psychic like my mother did, I have never done tarot cards or wiggi board or been involved in the occult. The wiggi board, tarot card, and psychic reading can bring in evil spirits and demons and their voices. Have a good day!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance