Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Question

Ive flagged it with our mods as well @Former-Member to check on her as well

Are you going ok?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I am struggling @outlander    Not understanding what is happening with me at the moment. Had an awesome break through with my counsellor yesterday and now filled with fear and anxiety can't think straight. 

How are you doing? 💖

Hi @Former-Member

hope you have a good day.

It really is hard to know what to say, when reaching out to people on the forum, as so many are in very vulnerable states.

Keep self care going too.

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Appleblossom 

I know what you mean, I struggle to know what to say as well. For me, it helps a lot to know someone has heard me and weather they have advice and tips or just a hello it is all appreciated. Sometimes when reading the posts I question weather or not I should even be here, so many of them have struggles I will never know or understand and they all seem much worse than my own. 

Hope you have a good day💖

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member  Thanks for letting me know you saw my post. Sending you a huge hug. 💖

Im glad you had a breakthrough with your counsellor @Former-Member
I think sometimes aome realizations (even when they are good) can seem pretty daunting and hard to accept so brings out anxiety and fear.
Perhaps journalling your fears and thoughts would be helpful?maybe you could try and exercise called "thought challenging'
You could share some of your journal entries with your counsellor too if you were comfortable.
Have you got any strategies that normally help you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I have started journaling and share them with her. I usually go to my local Buddhist temple to meditate and feel the peace but that's out now 😞 I feel so suffocated at home that meditation at home is a little hard. 

I have taken a gaint leap backwards today. I am not coping well at all tonight. I have one of my favourite movies on and am colouring in and both are failing to distract me from my hideous afternoon. 

I hope you have had a good day @outlander 💖

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member @outlander @Appleblossom 

Thank you for checking in on me. I've been coming on and off here, just checking things  but not replying to anyone. Don't worry about me however. The mods never sent me an email checking in on me which was hurtful.

I don't feel welcome on here due to being bullied by some members, and I don't feel safe here anymore. I apologised for a misunderstanding I had and politely asked mods to remove the comments I reported from them, and no. It seems like bullying is tolerated here, especially people bullying me.

I don't feel like I belong here, I'm trying. Also if you ask me, anyone that bullies people in any way should be blocked and prevented from coming back here with any account, it's not fair. I feel so distressed and have enough to deal with mentally and physically and this isn't helping.

@Former-Member 

I get that you are honestly trying.

Smiley Happy

I experienced a fair bit of bullying which went undetected and unremarked by mods, which hurt me.  I figured they did not really understand how to deal with it, and took time out, and went into non post mode, or just "support button" mode, etc. I am a lot older and maybe that makes me more resilient ???

Experiment with how you are in the world and online here and other places.  Sometimes tagging gets a response. I was not big on tagging in general, just specific to the individual.

Take Care no matter what you decide.

Smiley Happy

Hey @Former-Member,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a check in email in a situation where you feel you needed it, and that you are feeling very unsafe and bullied. Please contact us at team@saneforums.org about these issues as they are serious. At the very least we may be able to give you an explanation about our actions so far and see what we can do to support you from here. 

It's tough feeling bullied anywhere. @Appleblossom I'm sorry that you also experienced bullying here and it went unnoticed. That's It's our job to keep the community feeling safe and supported. It may be that it's harder for us to notice bullying in text and over a number of threads. This is why it's really important to email us if you are not feeling comfortable on the forums in case the forums team can help. 

Take care everyone, 

Tortoiseshell 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance