Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Meowmy
Senior Contributor

Re: Fragile

@Zoe7 Hello, darling, nice to hear. May be you can tie in to some care and support throughout your days. Bit by bit, feel better. I found that helpful. I found reading the forum soothing. It was very tough around Easter. I had my medication changed, then I spoke to lifeline several times. Then I spoke with my work supervisor several times. I started praying regularly. I asked others to pray for me. Now by June, I am feeling more steady. Hope you will find your way through. Fingers crossed. I pray for everyone regularly. To be sure you are in God’s thoughts constantly. Take good care.

Thanks @Meowmy Heart

@Zoe7 and sometimes we just do not know as there are so many things happening.

Gentleigh Bentleigh

Heart

@Meowmy 

The forums can be soothing when one feels they can resonate with someone or a lot of people.  I have felt many different things about being on here over the years.  Needy, determined, triggered, a sense of oneness, dutiful, and something I also needed - a bit of fun.  Glad it seems soothing.  

Heart

Certainly too much happening for me lately @Appleblossom Smiley Sad

@Zoe7 Would you be interested in doing some artwork or journalling around your relationship with your mentor.  Sometimes it can be good to do things quickly, other times waiting ...it could focus and give outlet to some of your grief.

I think the sensation of not being enough, can be part of what causes us to reach out in relationship or friendship.  A realisation we are perpetually incomplete in some way, but it can be crried without internal harsh judgement.

I have gotten it together to finish the movie Train to Lisbon.  I was so shocked by the violence to the pianist, but mostly it is an interesting movie dealing sensitively with a difficult period. I never did European History so I am always trying to catch up ...

A lady I met last month playing music together, died.  I knew she was ill with cancer, but I did not expect her to die within a week.  That was shocking, and surprising.  The funeral happened in another city, but her husband was not surprised  The group is doing things to help with their grief ... I found some writing of hers on the net, which helped me. I had been in a false hope land with my interaction with her. 

Maybe finding a way to channel your feeling with a private ritual or action  It is what matters to you, that counts.

Heart

Heart @outlander 

Heart

here is ok @Appleblossom Heart
its just some of the things with pop. im not going to give up my carers roles but being around him and his habits is becoming so tiring. i know the things he does he doesnt intentionall do but its draining like hearing him repeat himself so many times that i know what hes going to say or how his senstences end before he finishes or having to repeat myself so many times a day. he also doing things like leaving taps on or after his shower he will turn the taps on and walk out and forget that hes done it, or goes 'missing', and i havent really mentioned it but he keeps missing the toilet sometimes now when he pees so im in there disinfecting at least once a day.

im also abit worried about when the hospital is going to ring for the reproductive things- they need to check for cervical cancer cells and further investiagte other things happening that are very close to pcos and endometriosis as well. i havent heard back yet and i was suppose to in april. its making me abit unsettled waiting for that phone call.

re hospital, I think it a good idea if you do check on them, (phone or email) as they are 2 months over. Having womens health questions hanging around makes anybody anxious.  I did have dysplasia of cervix in my early 20s and it was treated and never returned. I get that you may have more things, so reason to deal with it.  I have a tendency to face and deal with, get practical etc.  

Does your pop have a personal carer come in? or nurse checks?  I feel You are too young to be doing that for your grandfather.  I never got that personal with mine.  Perhaps Council or district nursing could be more involved. Nursing homes are very expensive for the govt, so often they will do a lot to support a older person staying home without it all falling on your shoulders.

Are you goin back to study or doing anything for yourself ....  an art class?

@outlander 

re forum

it is hard to be surrounded by a lot of hurting.  It can be draining. Hearing about sad stories and not being able to help is also frustrating. There is a thing called vicarious trauma.  We all need some kind of shield. You have reached out warmly to so many people. You dont have anything to prove.  Nor anything to feel bad about that you have not done enough.  You need to fill your own bucket.  We cant always get reciprocal relationships happening so in my vision, I just hoped I was doing something useful and had my first experince of being accepted as a whole person..

We cant be Atlas holding up the world.

I will post a self care pic on your thread.  Its not just a list of activities, but also a framework.  In a carer role, you need to find what feeds your spirit.  WIthout my music and zoo I would not have anything to give.

i was on a waitlist for 2 months and then they said they would contact---me in april to schedule an appointment but its now june so im not sure what to do. i cant even find the detials for it now. ive had 3 abnormal pap smears 3 yrs ina row and instead of it getting better its not. so its got me rather worried. im not looking forward to what the tests might entail or the excuses im going to have to come up with. im an honest person but i guess ill have to leave it as undergoing tests for pcos. i mentioned it once before to mum so it wouldnt be to out of the ordinary. i want to face it but at the same time i really want to run away from it cause im scared of the results or what the next steps may entail. its scary for a young person or anyone really to go through i think.

no pop doesnt have anything. ive been trying to get help but ive met met with alot of your coping on your own and he doesnt need any further assistance. i dont do anything else other than disinfecting and cleaning up the bathroom. if it gets anymore then that ive already decided i wont be caring anymore. its not comfortable for me or for him to be helping with that sort of thing. until then im ok with that. next time i speak with his gp ill be asking again. i can get through the myagedcare or ndis or whatever else on my own but i havent got that help. even my mother is hesitant-ive already tried twice and she basically only agrees if im going to do it on my own.

im not going to study or take up anything else this year. im going to take a rest from that while im getting through mums special event (i cant be specific unfortunatly), my surgury, and the hospital tests- and now about to get testing down for rather high blood pressure. so its abit much to take anything else on for the moment. im looking into some study next year though as itll be quieter and less eventuful. @Appleblossom
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance