Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Chronic kidney disease & mental health

Good on Mr Shaz @Shaz51 

I’m eating my fish n chips at the Friday Feast and waiting for the billy to boil.

have a cuppa with you @Eve7 Heart

That would be nice @Shaz51 

I drink my tea on fine china with a cup and saucer.

Always a good ideaAlways a good idea

Hi @Shaz51 

You were tired yesterday - now why am I not surprised - you are always doing something active and usually for other people and I really understand

And add to this - your only lonely kidney is battling away and we all hope you don't have to go onto dialysis

But I did read that you are one the Carers Pension for your mother and I was so glad to read that - it's really good that you will have some stable income regardless of how much work you do or not - 

And Mr Shaz is worried about that - of course he is - I get it - I am not surprised and I understand - change is always hard for him

But I hope your Saturday is the best it can be - it must be easier knowing you have some income regardless

Dec

hello @Owlunar@Eve7@Anastasia@Appleblossom@greenpea@Emelia8 , @Former-Member , @BlueBay@oceangirl@Faith-and-Hope 

yes @Owlunar , change is very hard for mr shaz, even though he thinks it is good to have the stable income and that he can relax a little , he always wanted to semi retire and now that we are 

he still worries about everything and he always will no matter what 

and with me ---- everyone says I look well so they don`t really understand 

today we did mum`s and our food shopping and put it all away 

might have to get food delivery one day as it streesing mr shaz to go shopping 

soo now relaxing , ahhhhh 

Hi @Shaz51 

I actually do understand that Mr Shaz can't cope with change - my son couldn't and even setting clocks and hour earlier or later made him twitchy and I feel jet-lagged when that happens - but people with anxiety are affected more so

Every one says you look well and don't get it that you are preparing for a kidney transplant - they really don't understand - I have this with chronic pain - no one can see anything and I try to have an up-beat attitude and people say thoughtless things - in fact - they say a lot of the same things that they say about mental health issues

We can't help what they say though - perhaps they are just lucky that they haven't got some kind of health issue that no one can see. You obviously tend well to your health - what would they say if you didn't - I can imagine

But here - we know Shaz -

Dec

that is why I love it here because of the support and care and everyone understands @Owlunar 

how are you feeling today my second mum xxxx

Good morning sweet lady, sending you some gentle hugs @Shaz51 

thank you @Former-Member HeartHeart

sending you hugs too my friend xx

Hello everyone 

my blood tests reslts showed that my potassuim was high so had to cut back on those foods 

now my other high readings in my blood test are very hard to control due to the kidney disease and diabetes

it is causing arthritis throughout my body , joints and muscles 

the only way is if it gets tooo bad down the road , I will need dialylis to filter my blood to remove all the toxins 

at the moment the toxins are being released into my body 

@Former-Member, @Owlunar@Eve7@Anastasia@Appleblossom@Faith-and-Hope@greenpea@Emelia8 , @Former-Member , @BlueBay@Adge 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance