Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Aww, thank you for dropping by, I really like that 🙂  @Maggie 

@Maggie wrote:

@NatureLover  I hope your rest day went ok enough. Do you have to wait for a flat inspection reply ?

Thank you - yes, it was great not putting pressure on myself to have to do anything yesterday. Just the grocery shopping and resting. I'm not sure about a reply for the inspection report? - but I'm keeping the house neat in case I need to re-do anything. And I'm just resting this evening. 

I hope your evening is peaceful 💜 and your night has more sleep and less pain in it than usual. 

Thankyou @NatureLover. I tend to have ‘ moments’ of keeping things tidy. Then.....everything gets ......lost. 😂😂😂😂 That’s the cycle.

Hope to catch up with you around the forums today. 💕💕

Thank you for the coffees and warm Heart to wake up to, @Maggie ! How was your night? 

Do you have to have rental inspections too?

Yes @NatureLover , once a year. And I do the same as you. 😂😂 I’m in a Housing flat. Mine is due early next year.

Ok night. Getting ready for counsellor this morning. Take care.

Once a year is better than mine (twice a year). After each one of course I realise how badly I needed to clean up, and I swear I won't let it get into such a mess again. This time I'm really determined...but it will depend on the depression levels, as always. Thank you for understanding my panic. Heart

I'm happy to hear you have housing stability 🙂 Thank goodness. It's something that worries me greatly.

Glad your night was OK. I hope your counsellor session goes well...I think it can be extremely hard for you...? Sending you a warm hug  @Maggie 

@NatureLover  Oh gosh, twice a year, that’s a lot of stress.

I do the same. I make plans to put my paint etc away after I use it, wash up before I runs out of dishes, but much like you, depression, plus other stuff, then back to square one.

I’ve moved 4 times in less than 3 years @NatureLover , it’s been really hard. Affordability with one, so I really was glad this flat came up last November. I’m still getting curtains etc, but it’s feeling more and more like home. I hope I won’t need to move again. 🤞🤞🤞

I understand the need for a stable home. I certainly don’t have assets or superannuation, but stability and a roof is vital.

Thankyou for your warm hug. My counsellor is a gem. We’ve walked together for 15 yrs now, so she knows me well. I do believe she’s an angel.

I hope you have a good evening doing something nice for you.

Take care @NatureLover 💕💕💕💕💕

Oh gosh, @Maggie ! Moving 4 times in less than 3 years? That's my idea of a nightmare 😮 and it's not housing stability at all. I'm sorry that I got it so wrong 😞

I hope you won't need to move again either. 🤞 I'm the type of person who wants to stay forever in the same house. With the same arrangement of the furniture, and maybe every few years or so rearranging a few small things on the shelves! 😄

So glad your counsellor is a gem. Mine is too. I am so grateful, as I know it is often not the case. Plus I think I read that you tried counsellors for years and none worked out - I did too. 

You take care too, lovely lady Heart 🙂

@NatureLover  You didn’t get it wrong, I have stable housing now, just not in the past 3 or so years. And yes, it was a nightmare. Probably this time last year I was looking at homelessness, and it was scary.

My background is moving, moving, then just to change things, moving some more, so the thought of stability is very attractive. I can’t see another move happening, so I hope I have found my forever home on this planet. 🤞🤞🤞

I went through the MH system, but they ended up giving up. I was in the ‘ too hard’ basket. Too many failed attempts, too many problems, no treatment worked. So finding my ‘ gem’ has been a life saver, literally.

You’ve had a tough trop @NatureLover , though ‘trot’ is more like ‘ slog’. Life is tough, that’s for sure.

Its so good having you here on the forums. You are a ‘ gem’ here.

Take care of yourself also’ lovely lady’. 💕💕💕💕💕

Thank you for your kind words, dear @Maggie  💜 I grew up without any kind words, just the opposite (as did you, I'm guessing), so I really value any kind words. Plus words are my 'love language', which cuts both ways of course.

I'm so sorry that last year you were looking down the barrel at homelessness 😞 It's terrifying. And having a stable home really helps mental health, I reckon...I hope it really helps your health, and that you can stay there forever now. 

@Maggie wrote:

I went through the MH system, but they ended up giving up. I was in the ‘ too hard’ basket. Too many failed attempts, too many problems, no treatment worked. So finding my ‘ gem’ has been a life saver, literally.

I am so very sorry to read this. How heartbreaking that must have been for you. 😞 I can readily understand that finding your counsellor saved your life. I am so thankful. 

Sending you a big gentle hug ((( @Maggie  ))) 💚

Hi @NatureLover @Maggie 

I have seen this page before so here goes. I’m in my own home (with a mortgage) so I don’t get inspections but sometimes I think it would be beneficial to be accountable.

I had a big clean out when H died but it’s time for another.

I have the Flylady book so I’m going to follow her routines otherwise I’d pull it all out and just get distracted. 

Today I’m in the living room....

Totally inspired by you.

💙🧡💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance