Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

8.jpg@Zoe7 

@Zoe7 

Hugs @Zoe7 

Heart

cherries.jpgButterfly on Flower L Holberg.jpeg

Not tagging anyone...

I have tried tonight to connect again but feeling the weight of this situation again. I have taken a back seat on here to try to let things settle but all that has done is make me more upset that I was the one left feeling isolated because of the actions of another.

What was said was hurtful, aggressive and insensitive. I chose to share a very personal interaction and commented further how much I was struggling with both that and life in general. The response was exactly what I had just mentioned my mother always does to me – to turn that around on herself and make herself the centre of whatever was going on – then try to blame me for how she was feeling. That is not okay and definitely not deserved in any way, shape or form.

This has not just affected me but many who read it as well. To all those people I want to thank you for your support, your kind words and your compassion. Unfortunately in the space I am in this has had a significant impact on me and I don’t know how to change that at present.

I have tried tonight but knowing I cannot give what I usually do is making me feel uncomfortable being here. This I fear is going to be a long process to change and I expect a lot of work off forum to do so.

I am asking everyone here to look after each other, build the community back up through support for each other and share the love and care that I know still exists here. Do not let one attack be so pervasive that this community cannot pull together for each other. That is the greatest gift you could all give me here.

My head and my heart still feel broken and I cannot say if/when that will change. Some things there are just no coming back from when they hurt so much and this has certainly brought up a lot of those feelings again. Words – especially here – matter and they can cause untold damage.

BB3A0AA8-CE82-488A-86AE-0DAF1F393518.jpeg

@Zoe7  ❤️💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am so sorry @Zoe7  and I deeply regret that I have no words to make a difference. Please take care.

💔😢

Sherry

Yes, words definitely matter to those who are vulnerable, especially in this space @Zoe7. I think I understand what you are referring to, and your comeback was dignified and respectful. That doesn't mean it didn't hurt, and I certainly felt the sting of it. Please take care of yourself, because you're important to me and your presence & words to me matter a great deal. Hugs and hugs ❤️ 💜 💙 💜

Hi everyone, just floating through and seeing the wonderful support here.

As we know, online spaces can be hard when communicating and without knowing what is going on for an individual in a moment, words without tone, body language etc can be easily misunderstood. If you ever feel unsure on how to address any conflict that might be happening, have a read over 'addressing confllict'. Meanwhile, always know that you can contact moderators for support or to raise any concern team@saneforums.org

💙

Yes - I know the day is wrong but the pic says so muchYes - I know the day is wrong but the pic says so much

Hi @Zoe7 

I read back a little on the thread - I don't know what happened but I am sending my love and support - I had to take a little time out with physical health issues so I missed it but the important thing is that I know you have had it tough lately and been hurt and I understand

About your mother needing to make everything about her - my mother couldn't be upset - pity about that - other people could be but not her - the situation has to be different but it does hurt when you need something from your mother and it's not there

I hear you

I'm glad you are taking time to heal - and see my thoughts - the best I can

DecHeartHeart

thKI08DOSX.jpg

@Zoe7  Your sensitivity makes you very good at what you do. The world needs more of it. Dont lose it.

I see your strength as well.  Your resilience is growing.

Hugs

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance