Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @greenpea  I really hope things are improving for you.  I'm out of touch but it sounds like you've been having a difficult time.

@Former-Member  yes, freely given friendships are priceless aren't they.  Happy for you too.

Hi also to @MDT @outlander @frog @TAB and @Anastasia  and thanks a lot for your positive reinforcement and understanding.  I hope today is one of the better ones for you all.

I've been challenged by a major panic attack followed by aftershocks for a couple of days - the first time it's been so bad in a long time.  Caused by a drama here where I live which involved my immediate neighbour going after a junkie with a jimmy bar (small crow bar) and then coming to my door all agitated to give me a blow by blow description.  Panic happened at the time, but much worse several hours later.  And then smaller episodes for the next couple of days.  Planning to talk to my psychologist about it later this morning.  I've also had lots of down thoughts about the fact that that degree of panic can still happen when I thought I'd made so much progress.   And the fact that my bubble of peace here has burst.

Rave over!

Heading up to bro's farm to camp for the weekend so won't be around much.

Take care and stay kind all xx

Hi @eth 

what happened would rattle the strongest of people!!!!!

I am not surprised you are feeling/experiences what you are.

I am sorry this happened and I know you will feel better having spoken to your pdoc and be on the path you were on again. Love and hugs xoxo

Oh dear @eth .. that is awful. And little wonder it has had a big effect on you. Good to know you are seeing your psych this morning. Please take care and allow time for the hyper-arousal to subside.

My thoughts are with you.

Emelia 🌷

Thankyou @Emelia8 and @Anastasia   Appreciate your support.  I have to go now for my telehealth ap't with my psychologist but hopefully there'll be a time we can catch up properly in the not too distant future.   xoxo

oh dear @eth  the perils of public housing ..been there.

perhaps start the next step,  apply to get your own free standing accom , own yard etc so people dont think have a right to knock on door and tell you what badness they are up to 

Hi @eth really hope your appointment went well and you could talk through a few things. I definately want to echo what others have said about the situation @Anastasia @Emelia8 - hard for anyone to cope with. I'm really sorry you went through that awful panic and aftershocks; it's the absolute pits. For me, it can hang around for a while and I have to really revert to basics. I hope you can sleep ok. I think the camping is really well timed - might allow some of the residual panic to dissapate. Thinking of you x

Hi @eth @Exoplanet @outlander @greenpea and old friends and others I don't yet know here.

Friends will know I've barely been on the forum for two years. I have thought of friends here many times. It's been a very hard year after one that was probably hypomanic. Troubles with physical and mental health both. Over the past couple of weeks I have started feeling better, doing more than just sleeping or sitting in a chair most of the days, and not always talking about my physical and mental challenges to anyone crossing my path. Still through all these months I have been visiting my close friend here at least once a week, so not completely bed or chair ridden. There have been occasions when I've gone out for a rare event of some kind and really enjoyed it. Mostly though it's been bed/chair/bed chair for a whole year.

How are you going, @eth? I saw on the previous page of posts that you suffered a panic attack recently and have been downhearted about not being past that, as you thought. Really hoping the weekend away from home has helped clear your mind and given you a fresh feeling to help get past this unexpected event.

You may be interested to know, @eth, that I am in the process of being assessed for the NDIS. I really hope I get it as I know it would help me. Your early journey with receiving support from that scheme really led the way. It has been so much easier for me to get to this point than it was for you back then. Wondering how the various support you have now is going for you. Heart

Dear @Exoplanet, how are you going? Any trips away from home lately? Health? The dogs? I have thought of you in my absence and tried to get myself to come here just to say hello. Not sure why I haven't had it in me to come back to the forum until now and not sure when I'll be back again. Hugs and love, dear one. Always wishing you well. Heart

Over and out for now. Wishing good things for all.

Great to see you @Mazarita i love when you pop in 💕

Im sorry it hasnt been an easy year but gld youve started to pick up again xo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance