Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

Hi Lee82,

I’m really sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you at the moment. You’ve shown a lot of strength in coming to the forums and seeking help.

It’s really important to talk about how you’re feeling if you’re having unwanted negative thoughts.

Please feel free to call any of the following services if you feel you need immediate support:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

I'll also send you a private email with further support information.

Take care,

Sherpa09.

04:20am. Very fragmented sleep, like I never got there really, start to go deeper, suddenly more awake again. The new antidepressants have possibly got something to do with this. 

Worried about NDIS. Meeting tomorrow (today) with the support advocate who has secured an approval for me for the scheme. Tomorrow is to prepare for a 90 minute telephone interview with NDIS next week, at which they decide how much support they will give me, and what it will be for. I reckon this meeting today may go two hours.

Angry that I've had to repeat my story over and over at length to a number of different people already, further embedding my weaknesses in my mind. 

The process has me feeling sad to have to admit to how 'disabled' I am, to myself above all. Mixed feelings about it all, in a few different lines of my thinking. Feeling weirder than usual. Really incapable, though I have done really good things in my life as well.

What a long way I've come from the promising talent and intelligence in my youth that many people wanted to encourage and help me grow into a real career. Earlier on I'd expected to have a successful career because of being an outstanding student before uni.

But even if I'd somehow been able to endure the frozen fear I felt in the university context to get a degree, I've since shown time and again and many times over that I cannot work and be paid for it, or only for very short amounts of time. Actually, not at all now.

Yet I work obsessively when it's a creative project I'm doing for the love of it, day and night, barely a thought for anything else, ridiculous hours, literally to the point of collapse.

So I am disabled enough to receive NDIS support. I know it will help me. It just makes me feel even more deeply defective than I already thought. Less in my power, less in dignity.

Why are some people bullies?

Why do some people like the sound of their own voice?

Why...

If you are a parent you will know that if the children are quite that generally means they are up to no good. Well the silence in my head is very unsettling, usually it's full with chatter. It's a calm most people would probably like but it's a dangerous sign for me. It has me on edge, unable to sit still and not able to focus. This is one of the worst states for me to be in and all of my distractions amd calming methods aren't working. I have company so in that respect I am safe, but feeling far from it. 

My Mobile Mechanic moved far away, & is now effectively retired - Shock.

Resorted to Dealership (where bought car) for Service.

Dealership is very Officious, inflexible & adds on extra $$ charges (when servicing).

New Brake Pads (4)

New Tyres (4)

etc etc.

Big Shock.

Today Servicing & Repairs is costing me Over $2000 - I had no way of expecting that.

In one day they are earning (taking) from me - More than 2 month's of my Unemployment Income.

I am paying $ for others to get Rich on - Keeping their Businesses Fully Funded.

Whilst I am not receiving enough $$ to Pay my Weekly Bills.

It will take me ages to come to terms with (get past) this one....

Adge

It is so hard and stressful to explain to people what is going on in your head when you don't even understand it yourself.

I wish I could find a way to 'just get over it' as they say. Living with it day by day as the memories just won't go away.

Alone in my struggles, alone in the dark, the tears won't stop, the thoughts won't leave me.

Im struggling with physical pain. It hurts so badly. Im even considering the ED for help i just dont think  they can do much 

Oh God help me.

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away

ive held myself together all day for everyone else when inside all ive wanted to do is fall apart. in the stillness and quietness of the night i am left alone with my raging thoughts. despised at the thought of facing another day engangled in my own web of confusion and despair. longing for sweet sweet release. fighting the thoughts, fighting the urges, fighting the motion to pick it up and finally feel again. 

Ohhh my sister @greenpea , what's up ❤❤❤❤❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance