Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Butterfly Room- ED support

Great topic; it really got me thinking as I've been struggling with a depressive episode and basically been in bed 24/7 for the past couple of weeks.

Anyway here's what I came up with...

I find joy in moving with my horse, playing and petting in the paddock, or taking her for a walk out to fresh grass and watching her eat her fill.

Awesome post @Bow !

I love to walk in the mornings

I love to ride by bike on a cool, sunny day

I love to run (when my middle-aged body allows it 🤣)

I love to do some light weights

I love to walk on the beach

All of these types of movement bring me joy ! ❤️

Hi @Bow @Rhye 

i enjoy to walk along the beach track, breathing in the fresh sea air.  And sometimes just stopping at the beach and watching the seagulls!!!  LOL

What movement brings me joy?

This might sound strange, but just getting up and pottering round the house and garden doing tidying brings me joy. This is because I've had so much bad depression in my life which has kept me in bed. 

@BlueBay  I'm jealous you live by the beach, and @RedHorse  I'm jealous you have a horse! 🙂

Oh my @RedHorse, I've always thought owning a horse would be amazing! Does she take a lot of work physically? I imagine just tending to their coat (is that the correct term?), cleaning their stable etc would be a fair amount of physical exercise in its own right. 

Hi @Rhye 🙋

I don't have my horse at home with me at the moment as I am not capable of giving her the attention she deserves due to my MH.

She's being agisted at a lovely local horse farm until I'm back to 100% and able to care for her properly.

Sorry I can't answer your questions about horse care and exercise but I'm just not feeling up to it.

I'll try to remember to come back to you when I have the furry beast home again.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Oh @RedHorse big hugs for you 💓 Whenever you're ready for a chat about your furry beast we'll be here.

Hi all,

So I'm new here to the forums and it was suggested that I check out this group due to my experiences with an ED. 

Needing some support and strength to get through the next few days... Just starting recovery and it's really hard... and I'm so tempted to self sabotage as well as being scared I'll "fall off the wagon"... 

Good to see you on this thread, @Ausgirl  🙂 

We are here to support you as best we can.

Hey @Ausgirl  welcome 🙂 and glad that you found this thread. Great that you are stepping into recovery, it’s a rough journey at times and can often feel like it’s not even possible. I’ve been on the journey for a couple of years and don’t really have any magic words other than to say your not alone and to keep fighting! 

🎀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance