Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Loneliness and stop gap solutions

I would do courses that women like @Engineer  also if not meeting anyone at the gym, go to a different gym perhaps ?

Also looking to tenants for companionship is fraught with danger. 

Been there , done that. 

having a break can help re- set things

also not looking like you're desperate ...

try a holiday maybe..

just get on with Life in the meantime

PS if your are not okay in yourself, people can sense it, so ,.well, would you date you ?? .. just saying..

anyway take it easy, look at positives

perhaps move to another town/city, accom situation re pet etc etc

Good Luck

Oh. dont limit yourself to 'people you think are hot, or whatever' .. they might know someone or know someone who knows someone ..also if they are not interested, take the hint and move on ,dont waste your time, if someone does not want to know, they donot want to know .. 

(this is from courses been to a long time ago 🙂)

Hi all.

Day 3 out of isolation and I am still badly weak and unsteady so not recovered yet but back at work.

Attended a singles dinner night with 10 people then a movie Monday night.

Attended a social dinner night with 45 strangers Tuesday night.

Attending a dance group tonight.

Will attend a cards group Thursday night.

Intending to book in for a massage maybe Friday to get some human touch.

Still basically exhausted and desperately trying to find some connection.

Yes I am trying way way too hard but not getting any sense of result.

Its Day 8 post isolation.
I have been out at social events every single night for the last 7 nights. Including 3 dates.
Still nothing is filling the void.

I talked this through with another work colleague today and he took 50 minutes out of his day to make time which was nice.

I met a lady in person whose love language is also touch, and is equally lonely as me and struggling similarly, and we discussed our mutual lack of coping strategies. We decided against using each other as a relationship loneliness crutch but we are going to spend time together to become friends.

I spoke to my company EAP for 1 hour today and also for the first time rang the SANE helpline (who were VERY good in comparison to others I have tried previously and I am MOST appreciative) to discuss how to reduce the stress and anxiety I feel when I am in my house alone and how "over" I am doing everything by myself.

Acceptance and just sitting with the awful feeling seems my only option but "exposure therapy" hasn't reduced this in over 2 years. I have only been home just over an hour now and its already grinding me down.

Going to try and return to gym tonight for the first time in 4 weeks and then will NOT be going out again tonight. In anyone wants to chat in about 1 hr 15 mins when I get back I will be open to group suggestions.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance