Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

great goal! @Teej

my goal for today is to study for an hour since ive been procrastinating 🤦‍♀️

Hi @Teej 

My goal is similar. Brush my teeth and get out of my PJs, shower is optional.

Thanks for showing me this thread x

1 hour of study is done but ill keep going while I feel motivated 👍

Done the quiz attached the the last module and got 90%

Hi @outlander @Teej @Former-Member @Owlunar @Adge @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @octavia and anyone else who wants to share their goals/motivation/struggles.

I'm feeling stuck and anxious, so hoping that making a list here helps:

• walk to post office
  • clean the bathroom
  • ironing
  • vacuum 2 cupboards
  • early dinner

That should do it but if I have any more energy and time, finishing a photo book (3 months since I'd hoped to!) and baking are extras.

Hey @Teej @frog 👋💕

I have been meaning to come and find this thread to refresh it.  I think it's a good idea, particularly during the current isolation .... well done 👍 

I am cooking today for my unwell ones, knitting a little fluffy rug for my cat to help her acclimatise to her new home, and hopefully get some more uni work done .... about to start a wash load too.

The rug is a lovely idea @Faith-and-Hope

Hi @Former-Member how's it going?

I got my bathroom and vacuuming done. Also walked to the PO but it has changed its hours and was shut. Never mind it's a beautiful autumn day here, so still good to get out.

Thanks @frog 🙏 

Hi @Former-Member  👋💕

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Teej @Former-Member @outlander @Owlunar hope you are all travelling ok.

I found making a list here helpful yesterday and I think I need one today:

• Water my plants. Nice to be outside.
  • Mop downstairs. Tedious.
  • Do some disinfectant cleaning. Necessary evil.
  • Read a report to do with my housing situation. Not fun.

Hmm. Maybe I should do that in reverse order and get the least appealing jobs out of the way first. Does anyone have any strategies for making themselves do unpleasant tasks?!

Create a "carrot" @frog ..... it can be as simple as making a cup of tea .... and then break the unsavoury task down into its smallest possible steps.

Eg:

When I have set up a place to work and opened the report, I will make a cup of tea.

When I have read the first paragraph, and just the first paragraph, and decided whether there is anything in it I need to respond to, and jotted down notes about that, I will put on some background music.

When I have read the second paragraph and decided whether there is anything I need to respond to, I will get up and dance to the next song.

Etc, choosing small "reward" activities that are meaningful to you - paint your nails, cut a small posey of flowers from the garden and put in a glass at your work station, apply some lovely hand cream .....

Most of the time it's actually about getting started, and once you have started you might be okay to take bigger strides with it.

Hope this helps .....

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope it does help!

You are an encouraging friend.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance