Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

you wouldnt happen to have tips for dental anxiety would you @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

What's happening @outlander - wisdom teeth?

how did you guess that! @Former-Member
yeah ive got one wisdom tooth that is only partially broken through but is causing more pain than usual, one coming on on the opposite side and i broke a tooth on something and is really rather sore and swollen. my whole mouth atm is sore.
i havent really gone to a dentist before and i already know one tooth is going to have to come out which is rather scary
Former-Member
Not applicable

In the first instance the dentist will want to do a full check over and probably do a single tooth xray of the tooth you have broken to see what is happening with that one and what can be done to sort it.

They may also order a dental Xray (opg) from an imaging place this is a panoramic film of all your teeth @outlander .  

If you explain to them that you are nervous, they can often offer different things that can help with that.  

I have had a number of fillings without the numbing injections. 

thanks @Former-Member im not sure whether they will want to remove the wisdom teeth as one is impacted on the other.
i guess i have to actually get there first!
i was going to try and get a dentist that does gas sedatives but its going to cost a fortune so might jsut use one of my prn medications but ill jsut need someone to drive cause it makes me drowsy.
i am not a fan of needles at all! i think thats the part scaring me the most. the thought of that is enough the send me running for the hill
Former-Member
Not applicable

I didn't have wisdom teeth issues @outlander but I think my nephew had to go to hospital to get his out. Do you qualify for the public dentist? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Don't think I will be going for this look anytime soon @outlander

funny-tooth-piercing-smile-Photoshop1.jpg

i think so @Former-Member i need to ring up on monday when its open and see what they say. hopefully they do as they just give out vouchers mainly then its up to me to find a dentist, if thats the case ive already got one picked.

they may want to address the broken too- its pretty much in half as in some feel out and the only part of the broken side is the part thats along the gumline so its abit of a worry

lol uh no thank you! @Former-Member what an unusual place to have a piercing though! would be cool to see one in real life (though imsure this ones photoshopped 😉 )
Former-Member
Not applicable

Will keep fingers and toes crossed for you @outlander . hope it sorts ok 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance