Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Carers under 30...

He probably does - Mum feels that way about Sis - knowing this makes it easier not to take things personally @outlander although the things they say can be quite hurtful.

ec2e2cb3d2a9c183eca6266d9fc96cdb.jpg

oh yes @Former-Member they come out with some very hurtful things. i try to deflect it but when in a not so good mental state myself even slight things set me off.
I guess though ill learn to deflect abit better as i grow.

Hows things at your end?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander have had my sis on the phone on tears when things with mum get a bit much. 

Mr D wobbly, increased follow up with MH team at present, pdoc appt not this coming week but the one after.

your a good sis @Former-Member she is lucky to have a support person like you.

im sorry Mr D is wobbly though, i hope things can get sorted quickly for you and mr. How are you coping with it all?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander I hold onto hope my little one, that even when things are on a down that things are cyclical and if we can get some intervention happening in a timely manner odds are on our side to be able to avert a crisis.  MH team are aware, are increasing monitoring, have pdoc appt in under 2 weeks, if needed they will.bring forward. 

your a very strong woman @Former-Member dont underestimate yourself but also know its ok to accept help too Heart Hugs and hugs
im glad the mh team are aware, i really hope they are quick smart and can intervene before a crisis does happen.
Former-Member
Not applicable

I do give occassional SOS's @outlander knowing when to tap into supports can be a balancing act possum as I don't want to over burden friends or broadcast things unnecessarily but go have a couple of understanding friends that I try and meet up with regularly.

it is a balancing act for sure @Former-Member but your never ever burdening me so you can talk to me anytime you like. please dont hesitate ill always be here for you ok- whether they are false starts, minor worries or just need abit of company. you have helped me heaps and heaps with coping with life. it works both ways.

im glad that you catch up with friends though
Former-Member
Not applicable

Here for you too pet @outlander if you don't mind someone who suffers from foot in mouth hanging around like  bad smell ....

@Former-Member lol but i never think of you like that, i very much enjoy talking to you and appreciate the time you take to talk to me and check in as well
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance