Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Carers under 30...

Dealing with things as they happen too @outlander

its a tough gig sometimes isnt it @Former-Member
did you want to share any of your troubles, i dont mind listening
Former-Member
Not applicable

Busy day back at work today @outlander How's pop going

What sort of work do you do outside caring? @Former-Member if you can say that is...
Pops going ok, his arthrits, osetoporosis and tendonitis are acting up abit so is achy and has rhy neck atm from sleeping oddly not last night the night before. i think hes got or getting a cold as hes been coughing abit more than usual and more mucous.- yukky
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yikes...the perils of getting old @outlander   I work in medical admin, have had experience in a couple of different specialties. 

oh that is cool @Former-Member you are very clever, i remember you helping me through my course to with the medical things. can you say which specialities?

yeah yikes is about right. if his foot plays up to much he can be abit of a fall risk so am at home abit more than usual while he has more aches than usual. he seems to be pretty steady on his feet but can never tell can we.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander having to use mobility aids even when older can be difficult for some - does Pop need a walking stick or the like?

No he doesnt use them. i suggested a walking stick but he doesnt want that @Former-Member i guess while hes still relatively ok i wont pester him about it.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Mum uses one of those combo walker-seats with a built in section for supplies @outlander but resents that my sister insists she use it from back door to car.  Mum has had 3 falls so my sister is concerned for her too. I have to remind the 'tough old broad' (as my friend calls her) that it is done out of care and concern, not because sis is being mean.

my nan had one of those walkers @Former-Member they were pretty good even if they werent keen on using them.
i think the first thing pop will need will be a walking stick at least for now but hes not ready for it yet. i dont like to push things and while he has more good days than bad i guess its ok. i keep a close on things though. i know for them getting older would be hard too cause they loose more independence. my pop was brought up in the times of men are the breadwinners sort of time so i can imagine he would be having mixed feelings about me caring for him too
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance