Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

@EternalFlower

glad you are home. Hope you are alright.

@outlander @Oaktree hello ladies

@tonys I am more calm tonight without meds. Sad but maybe that’s realistic. Don’t wanna be a downer. 

@Appleblossom 

Hi Apple, 

I hope you have gone off meds with your doctors supervision or consent. It’s fine if you don’t want to take meds but you shouldn’t just stop them cold turkey.

Thanks @ @Oaktree  yes consent. Been a 3 year gradual titration. Always responsible modelling.  But really I am not that impressed with doctors knowing what is right for people anymore. Seen too many mistakes.

Oh I am glad that you have done it in a sensible manner @Appleblossom 

It may take you a while to come to your new normal. Give yourself time. I hope that you are feeling ok

Feelings all over the place but maybe settling…. Thank you very much for caring @Oaktree 

I do care @Appleblossom 

Maybe sit down and make friends with the feelings. Try lighting a candle and journal them or maybe write down 3 things you are grateful for today 

@Oaktree That’s a lovely idea. Yeah I am up and teary. Tried reading and playing music. Haven’t been agitated for a long time. Riding the wave with candle…lol Thanks. I am not good at feelings.

@Appleblossom 

I woke up too. Sorry that you are feeling teary. Here’s a soothing cup of tea and a big warm hug

IMG_7071.jpeg

Mmmm ... Mate ,   I'm not used to seeing you without your armour,  shield,  and great big 

broad sword.    Mate I'm sorry and I would love to know what triggered all this.  

I have physio and will be back this arvo and I'm hoping you're around for a longer chat.

I'll be thinking,   and worrying about you till then.         Hope there's an old coffee shop with heaps

of well thumbed books and magazines near you till then..                   your friend                 tonys... 

@Appleblossom 

holding your hand, @Appleblossom if you wish

i hope you're okay

let the tears out, and take care of yourself if you can.. or we can take care with u

i truly believe drs make mistakes. A second opinion can be a good idea, sometimes.

Fired the Support Coordinator today ... or rather she fired me, after I raised concerns about her practise. Met another one today, she seems good.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance