Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Recovering our families // 26 July, 7pm AEST

@Shaz51 you say that the earlier days were soo hard- does that mean things are a tinny bit easer now that you have learnt more? I found I went to every training session, every group, every counselling session I could and it still took years to even get where I am now. Thats the only reason I agreed to mention the Recovering Our Families training tho. Because for once it combined so many of the different things I had been searching for into one place. Something I wish I had earlier

Oh You mean me @Kisia

nothing  happened afterwards?

Did they listen,-- no

did they help you get your own supports?   no, not at all

@waves its is really hard to stay positive and hopeful when the world does contain such horrors. And it does anger me (and sounds like it angers you too). Everyone has their own personal way of dealing with the world and mine has become about thinking what can I influence, how can I be one more grain of rice that just might tip the scale. It might not affect the whole world but for every one person it does affect thats one life better off. That is the only way I have found to cope anyway

I did my own research, no help up here @Kisia

I have changed  or is it real ¬That I know what my husband is feeling , thinking and going to do ¬??

that is the question

I am not sure we "control" anything in our immediate environment.. What about facebook, twitteer, etc

they invade constantly.  We live in a somewhat poisonous anti humanistic environment where abuses such as NT incarceration of mainly indigenous youth continue with the sanction of elected and hired officials. 

Not much we can do except try to change the government and the prevailing negative culture through positive polticial action.  I am an active member of the Greens.  One step on the road to "family recovery"

@Shaz51 Thats even worse!! Although I still struggle with it I have had to come to accept that often people just freeze and dont know what to do so they do nothing. People who should know better, including workers, do it. Doesnt make it right tho. Are you able to get some support now?

@Kisia I know we are running a carer BPD program at HelpingMinds but http://bpdfoundation.org.au/ had some good information and should know of some support for YOU.
What is real? Thats a hard one- real for which moment, according to who? When the world feels like its spinning I just try to hold onto something I do know, something stable, that I can trust and build my life around that. For a while it meant wanting to be happier - thats it.

not sure where to look @Kisia

@waves yep your right again (And I must note very articulate). Being part of bigger groups like the Greens that fight for the rights and change we see our society needing is all part of this family recovery. If you talk to Eastern and Aboriginal communities the pure nucleus family does not exist for we are all connected thus we are all family. To achieve family recovery we must achieve community recovery which was your very point.

I agree - Im bouncing around across the pages myself
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance