Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Recovering our families // NOW OPEN

Thank you sooo much @NikNik, @Kisia for a very interesting subject , it has got me thinking

and thankyou  @DAW, @waves, @Sanefan for your comments xx

That is my fear too @Kisia

before I married my husband , he tried to hurt himself twice and i wonder all the time -- is he going to do it again

@Shaz51 thats a normal fear, I think we all have it. Just like when you have a mental illness you worry if it will come back. But the big thing is to work on recovering for now, then work on 1. how to stay well 2.identifying the warning signs if youre not doing well and 3. have a plan of action if you see those warning signs. This means ideally you wont go back there. Plus once you have recovered its easier to recover the next time, you dont go down as far and the gaps between episodes get longer as you build up your skills. Then you both stay positive, and believe in your skills together -his in fighting his illness and you in being there with him fighting it together. Before he didnt have you- you are a very powerful motivator

thank-u-meme.jpg

Well that's it for tonight everyone 🙂

A big thank you to @Kisia for sharing her knowledge, wisdom and being so open with her own lived experience as a carer.

Also a big thanks to those who contributed tonight - there are many people 'watching' this thread tonight & I'm sure they are thankful for asking the questions you did and sharing such a big part of yourselves and your experiences.

If you wish to continue the discussion with other carers - feel free to jump into 'Looking after ourselves' and starting a new discussion.

Good night!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance