Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: NDIS Independent Assessments

Thank you @Eve7 but the NDIS was implemented by the Labor Gov and the only reason I got it was that ScoMo scabby skin was sitting on over a billion dollars to balance the budget before Covid. He was forced to release the $$$ so I just so happen to apply at that very time when he did...it was a trick Howard perfected, if you hadn't noticed John Howard still runs the country, ScoMo and Joshy are on the blower to him daily......but yeah....when I read their website (NDIA) I was quite shocked that it isn't means tested, people's incomes are not assessed and they could be sitting pretty on 4,5,6,9,12 properties and still receive funding for their disability.

Thanks @Mazarita it is very hard to feel like you are living a dignified life. I think this is what tips so many people over the edge and why they choose to not go on living. It is very hard to accept all the loss and that we will never reach any semblance of a dignified life, let alone our own potential....people campaign for dignity in death, that we aught to be able to choose, but to get dignity in life while we're still living is close to impossible in this shallow, money driven world. 

Corny 

Thank you @MichMichelle to be honest I was sceptical that I would be able to receive the NDIS for PTSD, but my medical reports left someones head spinning. 

At the end of the day I can't change what happens. I don't have much to show for my life but I am a very adaptable person, even though I can't put that on my resume.

But as for your questions, yeah, my little Button support worker who has moved onto other things now, told me that she was scared of taking on certain clients, and I was like, what do you mean scared, you won't offend me, are they in the depths of psychosis and not in reality (she has had a psychotic break herself and psychosis does not phase her), she was like,no, they are male convicted child sex offenders.......I almost had to ask her to pull the car over to the side of the road so I could throw up.........they have been defined as mentally ill and this gives them access to the NDIS......I could not believe what I was hearing....the company with the contract started with an 'A'...it was AMS...or ALS...or something like that... 

Unbelievable. 

Corny 

@Mazarita - can you put in for a support coordinator? They're really helpful in connecting you with services and helping you spend your budget wisely so that when the time comes to review your plan, you've demonstrated need.

Hi @Gwynn thanks. Yes, planning for a support co-ordinator, mainly hoping to get my old support worker back (pre-NDIS) for a couple of sessions a week. Taking it step by step, pre-planning meeting coming up in about 10 days. Meeting with my advocate on Wednesday to prepare for it. She did the application and I really owe the NDIS in large part to her. Lovely young woman, a registered nurse.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance