Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

This is what google says @NatureLover …..

Hypervigilance — the elevated state of constantly assessing potential threats around you — is often the result of a trauma. People who have been in combat, have survived abuse, or have posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can exhibit hypervigilance.

and thank you. 

im okish today. I managed to get myself and daughter up and we went to church. Haven’t been for ages. Only a few people commented on my voice!

What do you mean about your voice? @Bow 

Thanks for that, about hypervigilance. 

Well done for getting to chuch! 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Not sure how much I can share @NatureLover  but I believe medical intervention damaged my throat after a suicide attempt in April. My voice is very raspy, I sound sick. Talking is really exhaust times. 

how are you doing? How is you our light therapy going?

@Bow  I do remember that and wondered if that's what you meant. I'm sorry about what happened 😞

The light therapy is going great and I haven't missed a day at my volunteer job since I started it! 🙂 Wish I'd got one years ago. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Sitting waiting at the dentist. So anxious. I hate the dentist!

@Bow  how did the dentist go?

Bow
Senior Contributor

@NatureLover I had fillings and have to go back again next Monday. I need to fit in all the work I need to have done before I go as I have a voucher which will expire while I am away next month. Eating disorders damage your teeth too 😩

🎀

@Bow  I did wonder whether eating disorders damage your teeth...sorry to hear you have to go back 😞

Bow
Senior Contributor

I had ovarian cancer 15 or so years ago. My oncologist took the conservative approach and just removed my ovary and tube. I had a recurrence a year later, which was just removed and I’ve been fine since. 

i have a year check up with the oncologist, which is happening next Monday. I have an ultrasound in preparation for that appointment, which I had last week. I got the films on the day but chased up the report this morning and there are a couple of concerning things noted. Things that I worry about. 

I have always been told that I will need a hysterectomy at some point, but I’ve put it off in the hope that perhaps I’d have more children. I’m 39. Maybe that time is approaching? 😢

Hi @Bow 

Oh that's a worry for you isn't it. I can completely understand that you're concerned especially if you really want another child. Hopefully it's all good. I guess distracting yourself is the only way to stop thinking about it but I know how hard this is when you're awaiting results. I try to see as while there's a small chance there's something to worry about, there's also a good chance it's all ok. And if it's not ok, modern medicine is amazing and you'll be able to have good treatment. 

Thinking of you! x

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance