Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Misdiagnosis?

@Eden1919      hi eden. I'm off meds since last night and have felt a bit off all day. I think I'll take a bit longer than a week period to wean off them. Back on them at the lower dose tonight. How did you go about it. If I was on 2 mg a day then I am now on .4 mg. Quite a drop and I may have been a little optimistic to go so quickly and not have any last night. Did you space it out over more of a time period?

Re: Misdiagnosis?

@Alacarte  Everyone is different but don’t be worried if you still feel weird for a few months it took me about 6-8 months off antipsychotics to feel like I could actually think again. And a year before I felt normal. Usually if you don’t want to put up with withdrawals then slowly tapering down is best. Everyone responds differently but personally I don’t usually get withdrawal symptoms intensely so I just stopped cold turkey but that is not something I recommend even though it was fine for me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance