Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Sound like a good plan and a delicious brekky.

Good luck with the reading, I did some studies on that sometime ago, well more my own reading and research.  Through my experiences, I have come to realise, that only ourselves can set the pathway and every individual is different.  It comes down to how we appraoch things and the mindset we have.  At the end of the day, if I can walk away saying I have done my best with honesty and integrity, then I have done all I can do.  Good on you for reading up on it and giving you a deeper persepctive.  All the journey we take to being better 🙂 👍👍👍

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Hey forumites. I wanted to share a few things, a afew thoughts and a few ideas with you all.

I have had some time this morning to reflect on everything that's happening. I mean in terms of the world (coronavirus) and also my own world (where I am at in life at this stage).

Tomorrow I turn 27 and there is a small element of realisation I am having that tells me things are changing rapidly. I think maby even on a daily basis, I am changing in terms of who I am and where I want to go on this journey called life.

I have been sitting here since about 10:30am and I've read a bit and had something to eat. I was reading a bit about comparing myself ans this is something I tend to do a lot of and especially the case at work for the last few weeks.
Seeing people in their early 20s who for all intents and purposes are "Sorted" makes me feel a bit conflicted. Only to say that this was dissipated rather quickly when I remembered that it's better to compare myself to who I was at some point in the past rather than who someone else is today.

I started to remember memories from travelling in late 2018 and also from last year rand even earlier this year when I was interning.

As time ticks by I also remembe work and being at places I really didn't like.

I guess I had some sort of catalyst this morning in realising that things are on a good trajectory despite things around me being so bad. I think that the effects of covid are bad (in terms of non-virus ones) and this will be bad for some time. I think I'd be a mess now if I did not enact better behaviours and get help when I needed it so many years ago.

Since joining these forums I have found it to be very helpful and beneficial.

I am beginning to see that in life so many things change and yet so many things also stay the same.

Thanks for being here and for listening to my musings as well

Hi dear @MDT 

Gorgeous Festive Fireworks - Happy Birthday Card | Birthday & Greeting  Cards by Davia

Sending lots of warm wishes for today and appreciation of your wisdom good friend xx

@MDT great post, and thank you for sharing, very encouraging.  Hi five to you buddy

@MDT Hamza, have a good day. You are doing well.  Take care. 

haha thanks @eth my birthday is tomorrow
I think word got around that it was today somehow haha but not to worry 🙂
Hope you are well 🙂
Hey also to @DJMasters @Meowmy good onya 🙂 Nice to see you both as well

Perhaps read your post from 2 years ago in bday thread about teaching in china? Way better off now @MDT

yeah I looked at hams bday thread re tomorrow @MDT
Mine in 11 days but 31 years older lol

@TAB Yeah true that tabs
Lot happens in 2 years doesn't aye tabs

How are you today?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance