Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am riding a wave

Oh and no need to respond @Phoenix_Rising I am going to keep posting stupid things to you (just for my amusement) and when you finally come in to shore you can curl up in your corner and snooze for a while... I even cleaned it for you...

@Lunar I am not a very good swimmer these days - not at all fit - couldn't even ride a wave in the toddlers pool lol so the floatation device for me is a must - even have a doggie life jacket for Toby to take him on the kayak with me...

@Phoenix_Rising I've just sent out a 'shark alert' warning so all those other people on the wave will leave you in peace...

@Zoe7 I think the opposite action thing is super cool. One of the biggest issues in my life these days is the social isolation. When I was working, I really noticed how I could be super depressed, drag myself to work, and then feel better at work because I had to put on a happy face and faking a happy face actually made me feel better...and then I'd crash again when I got home. It is much harder to do the opposite action thing when totally alone - not impossible (e.g. I can watch funny youtube clips) but much harder. It's a good thing Friday Feast is coming up tomorrow night - I'm looking forward to it!!!

I'm going to go and snuggle under my weighted blanket (both here in Sydney and in the octagonal room Smiley Happy) for a while to deal with my big feelings, so don't worry that I disappear. I will check in when I emerge from under my blanket. Thank you for sitting nearby while I ride the wave. It super helps to know that I'm not alone as I ride it. Knowing others are nearby means that my brain CAN'T get into the overwhelming spiral of "there's no-one" on top of the big feelings I'm already dealing with. That super helps me to maintain my 100% perfect track record of surviving every day living with BPD. Smiley Happy

Here's a new print for the wall in your corner when you get there - put it up anywhere you like @Phoenix_Rising

@Phoenix_Rising. I'm holding you up out of the water. You can't sink down & you won't drown. Just a few water sprays.
I'm here

@Lunar I like the idea of SOMEONE riding alongside me...but probably not a dozen someones Smiley Happy Last time I was riding a wave, some lovely people on the forum commented on how they were holding me up. That didn't work for me - I am extremely selective in who I let actually touch me. So...basically I need someone (or a small number of someones...not too many someones) NEAR me, but I don't need anyone actually helping me (unless I clearly state "I need help")...and I definitely don't need anyone touching me. Hmmm...I have been told many times over the years that I'm demanding, rigid and impossible to please...reading that paragraph, I really don't know how people arrive at that opinion of me Smiley LOL. BTW do you watch Big Bang Theory? Sheldon Cooper? Yeah...he makes me giggle because he is so much like me...sad but true. Thanks for riding with me...at a distance...over there...but not too far away Smiley Happy.

@Phoenix_Rising I love The Big Bamg Theory - now it all makes sense lol...

@Phoenix_Rising. I won't touch you. Sorry.
I'll just be here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance