Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Anxious 😟

hi @Lilly6 and welcome
Weight is something that I also struggle with as well, it makes it hard to feel comfortable within ourselves doesn't it.
im wondering if there is a womens health clinic near you or a gp practice that has a weight management team?

I see a weight management nurse in my gp practice (and is bulk billed) and she has been helpful in keeping me on track with eating healthy, medications, mental health and exercise as well.
maybe this might be something to consider for yourself and own wellbeing both physically and mentally as well

is there a reason you don't want to take your medications?

when you say assessments are you talking about studies?

Hi @outlander I live in a rural area so don't think we have any weight management teams here. I don't know about women's health options either but considering it is almost impossible to get an appointment with a doctor it is probably not available. I have taken stock of my eating and exercise and hopefully will see some positive results soon. The weight management team you go to sounds really good and I wish we did have that.

I hate taking medication, it is a mental thing with me which is silly I know considering it may make a positive difference.

The assessment is for work.

@Angerhad  Just dropping in a welcome to the forums here.👋👋👋

Its good to read your husbands health has improved since taking medication.

Good to see you joining in conversations.

hello @Kritika@Angerhad@Lilly6 , sending you hugs and letting you know that you are not alone my friends 

we are here for you Heart

@Maggie 

My therapist doesn’t give a toss about missing my appointment Friday - she responded today to the message I left Friday saying that I don’t have an appointment today so I sent back a message saying it was Friday. She sent back a message offering me another appointment (I can't do this week now as too much in) but no apology or explanation for Friday. I am aware she has a life etc etc but surely an apology is not too much considering I am at the stage in my therapy that I need regular appointments and just not calling and then me having to chase it up is irritating. I think I am just going to cancel therapy altogether as she has done this twice now and it is not helping.
I feel so flat today and everything is an effort, like I am moving through treacle. 

Hi Lilly6,

I'm sorry to see you are feeling disheartened by your therapist's response and that you are feeling especially flat today. Some days can feel like a struggle!

I hope you can do something nice for yourself today and I hope your peers here on the forum can offer you some extra support 🙂

Take care,

Peregrinefalcon

hello and hugs @Lilly6 

it sure can be upsetting , been there my friend 

might be good to do something you like to do 

some self care , like I love coffee 

do you like tea ofr coffee ?

have you any furbabies xx

what hobbies do you like xx

@Lilly6  Sending some 💙💙💙💙💙

Thanks @Shaz51 tonight I am doing my nails as self care. I love coffee and drink it every day - lots of coffee! 
I just feel so up and down and this can be multiple times a day, very difficult to deal with. Doing my nails tonight has helped though. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance