Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

Night night @Zoe7 Sleep well. 💜💖

Afternoon @Zoe7 , just popping past to see how you are going. Hoping you are having a good Sunday Smiley Happy

Hi @Snowie Having a quiet afternoon after doing housework this morning. Have a headache that I can't seem to shake this afternoon so been laying on the couch. Was hoping to sleep it off but couldn't sleep so am going to take pain killers now to try to get rid of it. Need to get a few things sorted for tomorrow and Tuesday at work. Have to sort out some appointments over the next few weeks also. I don't have a gp appointment booked for this week so hoping I can get one on Wednesday. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks - I had to cancel last weeks as it clashed with my psych app and she is harder to get into. It feels a bit crazy in my world at the moment with trying to juggle appointments, DBT and work but I will get it sorted I'm sure.

How has your weekend been?

A quiet afternoon sounds nice @Zoe7 , hoping you can get rid of your headache. it is a bit crazy in your world especially when you are trying to squeeze DBT and all your appointments into one day. Must be difficult at times to fit them all in.

My weekend has been good. Went to a friends house yesterday afternoon and caught up with some friends that I haven't seen for awhile so that was nice. Today I have been food shopping and catching up on some washing. Other than that it has been a quiet weekend. 

My Wednesday's are pretty full @Snowie Have DBT and all appointments on the same day so that can get pretty draining - both physically and mentally. My pdoc has changed my appointments to fortnightly though as she is really happy with how I am going and doesn't think I need to see her every week. Once I get my psych and GP appointments spaced out on alternate weeks it will become a little easier. I have one more module after this one to go for DBT to finish the second round of the course and then I will likely finish that too. I think I am resdy to do that already but should finish it all first. I don't feel like I am getting as much out of it now but as my pdoc said I am using most of the skills ithout even realising it now so it certainly has made a difference.

You have had a nice relaxing weekend too Hon. It is so lovely to hear that you  have caught up with some friends - makes me very happy to know you are in a place where that is possible for you Smiley Very Happy 

Sunday must be the day for housework - I did a lot of that this morning and what isn't done now can wait. At least I got the washing done and hung out - and the kitchen is clean and tidy. Was going to vacuum but that can wait now - Toby and Cat will no doubt drag in some more grass and dirt so no rush lol

Do you have much on for this week?

It is so good to hear that your pdoc thinks you are going well enough that you don't need to see her every week. That must be good to hear.

Have got a busy start to my week. Tomorrow I have my course and then pdoc, Tuesday have to get brain MRI done and Wednesday is psych appointment. 

What is your week looking like @Zoe7 ?

Work Monday,Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and DBT so far on Wed but need to try to get a gp appointmnet on Wed as well. Hoping I can get one early afternoon so I am not out all day. We have PD after school on Tuesdays so a bit later home for me then.

Mondays I am with the one class for most of the day and that is kind of nice because I don't have to run to one class and the next. The rest of the week I am all over the place but am getting used to the kids and they are getting used to me too so it is super nice.

I have been struggling to get moving in the mornings so have begun to take my meds earlier in the evening - hoping that will begin to help me get up and going earlier than I have been. I have managed to make it to work on time but it would be nice to be not as rushed as I have been.

I hope your appointments all go okay and the MRI is clear. Let us know how they all go Hon Heart Are you getting anything out of the course yet?

That sounds like a busy week @Zoe7  but sounds like you are settling into the school so well. I have loved getting your updates everydaySmiley Happy

It is a fine line between getting enough sleep and being able to get up in the morning ealry enough. Hoping you can find that right balance for yourself.

I don't think I have gotten much out of the course yet. It is like an intro to DBT. We touch on DBT topics but don't go into a lot of detail with them. Perhaps over the next few weeks it will get better. It is interesting what we are talking about but just haven't been able to apply it to my situation yet.

I didn't get anything out of DBT for the first few months @Snowie - some of it was that I couldn't concentrate on anything and some of it was I wasn't well enough to feel at ease there. Hopefully though this intro will be a good lead in to the actual modules starting next month for you and you will get more out of it then. I found a lot of what we talked about to be things I had alreday been doing in some way or another but having a very specific focus each week was good. It made me more mindful of what I was actually doing.

I am pleased you are enjoying my updates - I have a set routine now that I play with Toby and Cat for a little while when I come home, then play on the forum to sit and relax then get dinner. It is working for me so far. I try to get anything I need to do for work done at work so I don't bring anything home with me. I don't have a lot to organise as yet but that will change as the term goes on no doubt. For the most part I just turn up to the classes and the teacher gives me a small group or an individual student to work with while I am there. Sometimes I work around the whole class while they take a small group out too - it is a nice mix of roles. I enjoy the day more when I am kept busy - and it seems to go quicker too. The teachers are all so nice and welcoming and truly appreciate me being there to help so that has a great effect on my own confidence. So different to the old school hey!

That set rountine sounds like a good one @Zoe7 . I am sure Toby is missing you during the day when you are at work. I am sure he is excited when you get home howeverSmiley Happy

The school and staff sound so lovely hon, so happy for you that you ended up somewhere nice. It really does make a difference when the school we teach at is supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance