Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hi @TAB , I hadn't heard of him, but, had a quick look at one or two of his poems.  I think the people from that era had a different style and outlook on things.  Think we can still learn a lot from them.  He has a cool name as well.  🙂

he wrote All Quiet on the Western Front  @Gazza75  yes they were different people .. my step grandfather said he fought the Battle of Terowie lol  ie he had to join the army but never went anywhere, it was a rail junction in neighboring town. They used to do trans shipping cos track gauges changed there think, ie unload and re load wagons by hand

MacArthur was supposed to have said I shall return from Terowie railway station on his way to Alice Springs  in WWII

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terowie,_South_Australia

I've read the book and seen the movie @TAB. A long time ago now though.  I imagine that would have been a massive undertaking at Terowie. Seems like it was a busy town in its day.  It was such an effort by the general population as well as the soliders doing the fighting and dying.  

@TAB well done,so fantastic. Very proud of tabby cat .I am stuck at work,one more hour, then lunch,walk and coffee. Thanks for Carr and support. Now I do have something to look forward to.

@Gazza75  On the up and up thank you :D. Have just made my first appointment with my psychiatrist in her new practice which means getting out of my comfort zone and driving to a new, further away area ....am not sure about this at all. I like routine it settles me lol .... oh well nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes.

@BryanaCamp  have you got any hikes planned for this week? 

@MDT  Hamsolo01 what a beautiful piece of poetry :). Thank you.

@greenpea well done,very brave to venture. Half an hour to get out of work ,yea!

@Meowmy  you work so hard Meowmy. You inspire me to think about trying to work again .... I wonder what a damaged pea could do?

@Meowmy  Cannot work with customers any more face to face is never going to happen lol.  Hate my voice so anything using a telephone is out of the question .... I saw this man picking up rubbish by the bay works for the council and it was early and I thought I could do that. He works by himself, gets up super early is doing something really worthwhile keeping the beautiful bay clean and tidy the only thing is he would probably have to pick up dead animals and I have a phobia about dead creatures big and small. 

You know Meowmy I have been working all my life and this wretched mi has made it nigh impossible for me to work it has crippled me. The best thing I can do is work on computers remotely. I should do a computer course and work from home :). Now there is an idea! Except I am the wrong age group they (companies) want youngans .... *sigh* I don't know what to do?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance