Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Far and Away

Clearly a special gift @Shaz51 bestowed upon his favourite person.

Well done @Zoe7  you should be feeling very satisfied with all youve managed to get done this past week.

@BlueBay @Meowmy  Hi. 

@Faith-and-Hope  I really thought you were due home before now. Hope all going well for, and around, you. 

Sherry

Thanks @Former-Member It really is satisfying to get it done.

I was very much hoping our @Faith-and-Hope would be back by now too - so in a way this clean up is filling time waiting for her to be back ...miss her immensely Heart

@Zoe7 @Former-Member hey beautiful people.

Hey Hon - how has your day been @Meowmy ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello to the ever lovely and caring @Meowmy   😀💓 and hello @BlueBay I hope you are enjoying time with A this evening.

Hey @Zoe7 ... are you watching the Adelaide Open tennis final? Ash is playing now. I thought it was on later, but came across it by accident, just as they were walking on court. 

And I guess you wont be interested in the T20 tonight. Its a Sydney derby. Hoping its not another washout. Umm .. I may be watching from the second TV again if Sixers do well. At least this one is on free to air.

Sherry

I thought the tennis was on tonight too @Former-Member so thanks for the heads-up ...got it on now 👍👍👍

I probaby will watch the cricket tonight in between doing things here still. If the rain stays away then it should be a really good game. On your SIxers of course Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7 hey Zoe, just lying down here. A bit overwhelmed here.

I was going to say the same thing to @Shaz51 myself @Zoe7 but you beat me to it.

I hope for both of you your Saturday is going alright.

I volunteered at the op shop this morning instead of the afternoon so I'm having a relaxing afternoon watching 'Anne with an E' on Netflix.

Hiugs @Meowmy Heart

@Sans911 A relaxing afternoon sounds wonderful. Where there as many people in th op shop this morning as you usually get in the afternoon?

I had about an hour and a half sleep this morning - that was enough to be able to function enough to continue this afternoon. I have more to do tonight but it won't be finished. I am supposed to be going to help my sister clean tomorrow so what I don't get done tonight will have to wait until tomorrow night. I want to go early so I can come home by 2.30 to watch the cricket.

I don't think I will be up long tonight though ...starting to get tired. I'll move the things I have on the bed to the dining room and I think that will just about be it for tonight.

Anything planned for tomorrow @Sans911 ?

I wasn't out the front that much this morning @Zoe7. I prefer to stay out the back and do the sorting. That way I also get to pick up things I might like! We're not allowed to sell electrical so sometimes if they are still OK I take them home and give them to a local buy nothing group on facebook. It's usually only clothes I'm after for myself.

From what I could hear and see when I did go out to the floor it was a steady morning but our daily sales figures have been down all week. We have expected daily sales targets that are set by head office(they change from month to month). And our donations have slowed down too. While we're always grateful for donations we've been utterly swamped from post Christmas. Unfortunately we've had to throw away stuff because we just don't have the space for it. Some items get sent back to the main warehouse and either go to other stores or they are sold in the big sales held in a central location every year. I hate throwing half decent clothes away, and my boss knows it, but we don't have a choice. It's a shame local shelters can't come and collect some things.

Tommorow I need to be like you and do a shake up of my home. I have a stack of boxes filled with things for sale or too give away. It all requires photos and listing on facebook which takes time. I also have some domestic chores like laundry, changing sheet, cleaning out the litter tray and other things.

I've neglected a friend for some time now too and I probably should catch up with her. I've been avoiding her as she has a lot of physical and mental health problems going on so it's been hard for me to deal with that as well as my own. And I have to go to pick her up and drop her off as well. She's not that far away from me but it's still out my way. If I don't see her tommorow I see her during the week.

@outlander I'm over here atm unless you want me to come back to your thread. Or mine.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance