Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

natureoflife
Senior Contributor

wrong family

Day by year by year, I wait to hear the words, " your not good enough, your not apart of the family" i feel so diffeeent and insicure. I look different I am different. I have nothing the same as them but they all look the same. I feel
Like the outsider the one that is never noticed. I just don't know where to turn. My siblings get what they want when the want it and I get nothing. If they want my things they can just take them but if I want something of these I just get in trouble. I feel that I'm just not important. I'm always pushed aside. I just don't know where to turn. Or what to do.
12 REPLIES 12

Re: wrong family

That's sounds awful. I'm the black sheep in my family too. I'm too sensitive too emotional, too everything! I don't care what they think anymore. I know what's important is what I think about myself. Try to work on yourself be the best you can be and don't let anyone make you feel bad for who you are. Take care of yourself. I feel it would be good to go see your GP and tell them how your feeling. There is lots of support out there and on here. Love yourself. Best wishes. Xxx

@natureoflife. I used to feel like that - especially in my teenage years. My brother was mum's favorite. My little sister could do no wrong in my dads eyes. He spoilt her rotten. Not I. I felt like the odd one out.
As an adult, life is different. My mum and I are super close. I found out the psychological torture my dad put my sister through.
Sometimes we may not see everything that is going on in our families. That doesn't mean our pain is less real.
What about your friends? Ask your close friends what they like about you. Focus on that. Focus on what you like about yourself.
I'll bet you there is a caring, funny that your friends see

Re: In the wrong family

I'm sorry you feel this pain and I wish you better times. Have you tried bringing the subject up to your parents or someone who you feel close to? It maybe hard and don't do anything your uncomfortable with but you shouldn't have to feel this pain sending you love and support ❤️

@natureoflife. How are you going today?

Not well

Take care. Sending you happy thoughts. Xx

@natureoflife. Have you spoken to anyone (besides this forum) about how lonely and it seems, isolated you feel in your own family?
Headspace is a great organisation for helping those in their teens and 20's.
Your gp can also refer you to a psychologist - under medicare. I'd be lost without my psychologist to help me navigate through my tough times.
Of course you can still talk with any of us here on this forum. We are a supportive group of people. Non judgemental. Ready to help with advice - if needed - of just to have a chat and not feel so alone.
Myself, I've always been very sensitive deep down. I tried to hide it as a child and teen. But I don't anymore. It's just a part of me - the same as my brown eyes.
I'm unsure of your age. You don't need to share that if you don't want to. But if you're at school or TAFE or UNI, they have free counseling. It might be a gentle place to start.
Please keep in contact.

Hello @natureoflife

is there anything else you want to say now?

how long have you felt like that?

Sorry about the questions you dont need to answer .. just chatting. 

I felt like that a lot too.. whether I was in my biological family or not.

I have felt like this most of my life, my parents tell me that they never wanted me and I was a mistake. I just have a lot of things going on right now
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance