Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Loopy
Senior Contributor

Re: complex PTSD

“PTSD is a whole-body tragedy, an integral human event of enormous proportions with massive repercussions.”  

loopy

Loopy
Senior Contributor

Hi rick, welcome to the knowledge base on MI. Interesting article by

by Julian Ford, Ph.D.

Goes into the nuts and bolts of your MI type. It is a good read. I have suffered PTSD since 1989 because of work related trauma and survive day by day, on meds, they don't come any older than that one. the site is MI watch dot org I am sure you and others will be fascinated by it.

loopy.

Hi loopy, I just read that article, its really good, thankyou

Yep I've read it. It's thorough.
Neb
Senior Contributor

PTSD seems very closely linked to DID so I feel as if I am familiar country. I started unravelling in my teens...Ye gods and little fishes, 40 years ago! My life has limped along for much of the intervening time, but I managed to work in ICU as a RN for much of that, I should have been a spy, very good at putting on a good disguise. I have retired early because it all got damn too hard.

My merry- go- round with assorted shrinks, voluntary and ( shudder) involuntary incarceration has been major low points during my life. I take an old old anti depressant drug as it is almost the only drug which did not give me Tardive Dyskinesia ( that wonder spectrum of signs giving you away as MI).

I am daily amazed I am here at 55 ....I tried very hard not to be. The perp of my trauma is dead, I have survived because really the DID was a survival mechanism, which worked well for a bit. These days I am glad to be here, and weird though it sounds I would not be me without the DID.

and they hit you when you aint lookin'.
Dammit........................

Like the proverbial steam train........

loopy

Hi all,

I just found this for those of you in Sydney http://www.traumaticstressclinic.com.au/ "The Traumatic Stress Clinic operates out of Westmead Hospital and the University of New South Wales (Randwick campus) in Sydney" "treatment is free" for PTSD or complicated grief sufferers (whose trauma occurred in adulthood) - might be worth checking it out?

Kind regards, 
Kristin

@Rick and @Loopy 

How are you both travelling my friends? We haven't heard from you in what seems like ages. I've been thinking of you both amidst the hurly burly of dealing with all my own crap at the moment. (Haven't even had the headspace to think enough to post an update.) I hope and pray you are both ok. Please let us know you're alright.

Hope for light in the darkness endures...

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

Hi Rick
ive been diagnosed with complex ptsd , anxiety , social anxiety and depression.
24 years of abuse would do that.
I was wondering what you found helpful and what treatment did you find most helpful.
I am struggling with my safety and unable to find a psychologist, psychiatrist who will help.
ive been in MHU twice in the last 5 months. They told me its just re traumatizing me and causing me to deteriorate.
I isolate myself in the car most days. I just don't know what to do.
Any suggestions I would be very grateful for
karen
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance