Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Taking the plunge

Head in the sand here @CheerBear  and trying not to think.

Totally understandable @Former-Member. Anything that gives you any kind of comfort or OK-ness while your head is in the sand?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Should go to gym or take Holly for a walk @CheerBear . But I cant. May try to do some diamond painting later. Not done any for a while .. anxiety been too high to permit accurate drill placement. Not steady enough, and got sick of having to pick undone. No real commitments today thankfully. Rain predicted for later. Would love to go back to bed and listen to rain. Psych wants me to talk to my GP about ADs again. I said no.

🙁 Sounds like you are having a really hard time @Former-Member. It's good you have things you could do but I get how it's hard to do them when you're not feeling great (or feeling terrible).

I'm reluctant with meds too. Out of curiosity and only if you'd like to share, what's behind you saying no to talking about them with your GP?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Lots of reasons @CheerBear .. but perhaps mostly because I dont want to become reliant on pills just to survive. It would mean that something, other than me, was in control of my life. That frightens me.

Good morning @CheerBear @Maggie @Former-Member  and anyone else around here today.  I'm following along in the background here you guys, but not really much to contribute.  Hope today is one of the better ones for you all.  Take care xx

Hey @Maggie @CheerBear @Former-Member Love and hugs to you all Heart

I can relate to that @Former-Member. I've had a very wonky relationship with medication. I take a mood stabiliser now which helps ease things a bit. I don't love it and hope to not be on it one day, but the alternative to not taking it seems worse for me. Full respect for your thoughts and ability to make the best decision for yourself.

Afternoon @eth and @Zoe7. How is the day going for you so far?

Shout out and hi to you @TheVorticon who I've noticed around. Interested in hearing how you're going (here/just checking in/any other thread you feel OK to post in maybe) but understand if you're not up for sharing too.

@CheerBear  Getting ready for counsellor, but I couldn’t resist this.

@Former-Member  💜💜💜

C9E0D53C-F4E1-43D7-96FD-545629D58B81.jpeg

Hi @CheerBear @Zoe7 @Maggie @Former-Member @Shaz51   thanks for including me here.  I don't really have my own thread atm but do like to keep involved where I can and am welcome.

Today has been pretty quiet so far.  Spent a couple of hours working on a story (true one) for my writing group on Sunday.  And some time here earlier.  Heading out for tai chi in about 1/2 an hour.

Hope today is going ok for you all.  Will have more time to catch up later in the day.  And probably be at the The Weekly Friday Feast  later too.

Take care all xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance