Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Scizoaffected
Casual Contributor

Support groups, discussion groups, adjunct support in melbourne

Hello and thanks for reading. After coming off a treatment order, I decided to take up private health-mostly so I can be more proactive in my mental health treatment. Does anyone know what kinds of treatment I can access having private health? I was just thinking of support groups, respite options-if any, activities-anything really. I have been on and off treatment orders for 8 years now and have finally accepted my diagnosis. I am doing well but would just like to talk to a professional or group of others with a lived experience. So glad I found this forum it's fantastic.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Support groups, discussion groups, adjunct support in melbourne

Hi @Scizoaffected, glad you found us. I mainly just wanted to welcome you first of all as I'm probably not going to be much help on this particular question. I do almost everything through public health, voluntarily. But I really think it's great that you want to be more proactive with your mental health and am hoping you will get some more responses from members with private cover. For now, I'll just say I wish you very well with your endeavours and hope to see you around the forums more. Smiley Happy

Hello @Scizoaffected,

Nice to meet you, I don't think we have met before 🙂

That's great you are being proactive by searching out some other options for your treatment, with Private Health Insurance you can access group programs at certain private hospitals by searching online (I don't think there is one website which lists them all), you could just put into google - 'private hospital group progams and your area' and see which hospitals offer those.

Otherwise Grow run support grups around Australia, I will put in their website so you can see what is available in your area, these are usually free or a gold coin donation.

Grow Australia

1800 558 268

https://www.grow.org.au/

It's also great you came to the forums for that peer support, I look forward to getting to know you  a bit better

Lunar 🙂

Thanks so much @Lunar very nice to have met you also. Look forward to catching you around on the forums.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance