Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Atalanta
Senior Contributor

Running out of luck.

I have been playing soccer pools for about six years now. The numbers for pools are chosen by draws; each number corresponds to a soccer match. If it gets a draw, that number is picked for pools. Using some statistics and intuition, I can reduce the numbers in pools from 6 out of 38 to 6 out if 15. Well, playing my last game for several months this weekend or ever. Not going well. Got two so far but missed a couple...still things can turn around. Will know officially by tomorrow 12 to 2pm. Doesn't look promising.
3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Running out of luck.

Hi @Atalanta. I can't find your other thread from last night and guess it's been taken down. I replied to it but am not sure if you got my message. I just wanted to say that I hope today works out for you the way you want it to, however that may be, and not the way you feel it has to. You're not alone today - there are heaps of professional supports around if you want them and people here to talk to, keep you company, distract you etc. I think you know this though so maybe it's not helpful for me to remind you of it and sorry if that's the case. Thinking of you this morning anyway.

Funshine

I did read it. Thank you. It was very honest and heartfelt. I replied but the thread was removed by then. Rightly so.

I'm feeling somewhat better today...and ridiculous that I've been thinking this way. Instead of dealing with life's problem's, I just got overwhelmed and gave up. Being physically sick didn't help.

I'm ok, don't worry and thank you for thinking of me.
Former-Member
Not applicable

It's not ridiculous to feel that way. I think it's something that happens when things get too much and it sounds like you've tried so many things before. I'm happy for you that you're feeling a bit better today though. I hope you stick around here - i think everyone deserves a place to speak and be listened to.

Take care and hope to chat soon
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance