Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tatsinda
Senior Contributor

Really unfair - caught between two loved ones

I just told my husband that he is being rude and unkind to our son and needs to stop. It went down like a ton of bricks, which I knew would be the case, but I need to speak up for my boy because he is not old enough to do it himself, and when hubby isn't well he does need firm boundaries around what is ok behaviour towards our kids.
I hate confrontation and feel shaky and sick. I really resent being put in this position and I wish my husband would manage his health more proactively so these things would not occur as much. He needs to go back to the doctor and I have recently realised that I will have to push him to do it. Feeling disappointed that once again he hasn't done it himself.
I'm glad I spoke up but I wish I didn't have to.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Really unfair - caught between two loved ones

Hello @Tatsinda,

Im very sorry to read that your husband is being too hard on your son while he is sick- this isnt very fair.

Speaking on this forum does appear to help so many people- to get issues off your chest, and to read others stories or to ask for advice.

Do you have any one close you can talk to about this as well as talking here on the forum? Family, friend or doctor?

When was the last time your husband went to see his doctor? Are you able to tell your husband you love him but have noticed he may becoming unwell?

Baboo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance