Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

1stepup61
Senior Contributor

OMG! Where did it go?

Hey All, just spent 2 hours writing a really heartfelt response to  question and right at the end when I was finally ready to press post it went to save and came back with only half of what I wrote! There was a message about a fault. What do I do? Can the post be retrieved by staff? OMG!!

14 REPLIES 14

Re: OMG! Where did it go?

Sorry did it again, somehow gone in twice. I am going to call myself. BFN from Crazy Girl! Ha ha! Has someone got that name?

You're not the only one - the forum software will sometimes do that if you take 'too long' to write your post. If you're moved to write a long post, it's better to open up Word or a text editor such as Notepad or SimpleText and write it in there and copy it over to the forums when you're ready.

Sorry @1stepup61. It's one of the biggest frustrations members have when they first join the Forums. Unfortunately we're not able to retrieve your post - the text box doesn't automatically refresh so sometimes longer posts can get lost. It can take a long time to write a post so I understand your frustration. As @CannonSalt has suggested, one way to avoid this happening again is to write the post in Word or another program and copy it into the text box. I hope it hasn't discouraged you from posting in the future.

Very frustrating... I'm a long poster myself... hahaha...

A little trick I got used to doing (either on laptop or phone) is to select all of my text that I've just spent ages writing, and then copy it to memory (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C on Windows, or long tap, Select all, then Copy on Android). I do that before I press Post, so that if something goes wrong, I can just go back and paste it and try again...

I rarely lose posts if I take that simple precaution... hope that helps someone... 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Know the feeling, and not just here. I only use my smartphone to go online. I try to remember to save to clipboard, like Silenus describes, every paragraph. The back arrow sometimes takes me back to a previous screen with everything still there. If its going to take a long time to write, i draft it in an email then cut & paste. Persistence! @1stepup61 You'll get there..

I just had a 😱 frightening experience. Went to fix some broken. Thought it prudent to clean them out before i sat them on my lap in case there was a spider. One seemed clogged up so when the pipe-cleaner didn't fit I sprayed surface spray down the pipe & much to my horror a dozen wasp crawled out, wings too wet to fly. My blood ran cold as they kept falling into the sink dying. Glad i sprayed instead of digging out the smaller pipe cleaner. Allergic to qasp 😨
Former-Member
Not applicable

Broken chimes

Wow @Former-Member - that would have been a "drop the chimes and run" moment...

Wasps can be big meanies...

Hi @Silenus @1stepup61 @Former-Member @Acacia @CannonSalt

One thing you can check is your autosaved drafts on your profile. You will have to do this on your ipad or desktop version (ie: not mobile). 

1) Click on your username, which is often found at the top right of most pages here on the Forums

2) On the right hand side of your profile there's a box at the top that says 'My Settings' but then one below it that says 'autosaved drafts'

3) There will be a list of drafts that autosaved that weren't published.

@1stepup61 - can you check to see if it's there and let us know?

If it's not there I will ask you some more questions so we can report the issue.

If anyone else has had this experience, and the post is not in their 'autodrafts' can you please provide some further information about what happened?

Thanks 🙂

Moved:

This comment has been moved by a moderator to another part of the forum where it might be more easily found by the community.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance