Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Just thrown off the chatline

Thank you, @Former-Member  I have called other services. I prefer to chat for a range of reasons. This is about the third day I've felt desperate. I'm trying to hold it together. Thank you for talking to me. 

Hey @BabyHowYaFeelin , you're welcome for writing. I hope I didn't sound rude and ignorant for being confused, I'm just stupid, so my apologies.

I'm sorry that happened to you and you feel like a burden but I can promise and assure you, you're not. I do completely understand though, I've been doing the same with helplines on the webchat as I don't feel comfortable talking on the phone in general due to my social anxiety, for me it's a little easier on webchats because I choke up and speak fast and stutter and stop talking.

You deserve to be treated with respect, have someone listen and try to help and not judge you and end the chat abruptly and tell you to leave, or not put you through or anything bad like that.

Hugs, I'm sorry you went through that. If it makes you feel any better, that's happened to me a few times. For instance on one webchat, I waited over an hour one night because I was told to come back so I did, then I was told to go away when I did the right thing by coming back and waiting. So I understand. That's happened to me a few times, and being hung up on on web chats, you're not alone. 

Thank you.

Hi @BabyHowYaFeelin 

Thanks for letting me know - I have wondered how you were - and I am sorry you have to carry your pain here and there to find a place where you can talk about it and unload some of your feelings

2 decades is a long time and I think harder on the person who is dumped - it's a real loss - something to grieve - and it is a really hard time to go through.

I have had two long term relationships in my life and although I ended both of them I think that it was all down for the count anyway and someone had to man-up - in my case - woman-up - and end it for the good of all. Tough decision - and it does ache a lot when it's over

But if your partner says he doesn't love you anymore - it's over - bar the tears and I understand

You need to grieve this loss before you can start again - in the meantime - where do you start a different life? Even being the one who ended relationships I had to grieve and keep going with my life - and it is hard yards

In the meantime there are other people here you can fill in the time chatting with - about the serious side of life or if you prefer - the Social Spaces - it might seem that people are just wishing each other G'day but really - everyone is reaching out and learning more about the other people.

Why not give us a try - it's really late for me and I was just checking what was happening but there are some people here called The Night Shift I think - they start late and I don't really know them but they are there - hopefully tonight

All the best

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance