Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Zoe7
Community Guide

Re: HOME

Oh @utopia that sucks about the appointment. Did you get to see someone anyway or did you need to reshedule? It is good your son is going to see someone - it might give him a new perspective on what you have been dealing with as well as help him too. It is not ideal that he is still living with your Mum but it is also good that he has a place to go. It is lovely that he still has his girlfriend also and that she has a positive influence on him.

Fingers crossed here that seeing someone helps your son as well and sending much love to you my beautiful cocky friend. Miss having you around but so glad when you check in Heart

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hi @utopia 

I hope thst your son will see someone at headspace. 

You must miss him not been home.

Thst sucks about your appt. 

take care @utopia 

chat soon ❤️❤️

sending you hugs @utopia  HeartHeart

utopia
Senior Contributor

Next appointment to see surgeon is early September.  One month to wait. 

Had my ultrasound on my right thumb/wrist today.  Blood flow is good. 👍.

My son doesn't feel the same about his girlfriend anymore,  but won't break up with her.  He doesn't know what to do.  Then he has issues with me.  Lots of other worries.  I think it's doing his head in.  Too much pressure.  So talking with HeadSpace should really help.  He's not usually one to talk about anything personal. 

So I worry about him.  Mum tells me I'm too strong a personality and that I need to dial it back a bit and realise my boy may not like what I do. 

He is embarrassed about how I dress.  Tracksuit. Slippers or thongs. 

So seems I'm not doing anything right. 

I've told mum I'm struggling with my depression.  So I can't do anything more than I'm currently doing.  I don't think she thinks that is enough. 

Suicidal thoughts are always lurking at the back of my head. 

Life is hard. 

Here and listening @utopia .  I hope you can dial back your mum’s (well intended) advice and just keep focusing on doing what you can do.

Speaking as the mum of kids that have stuff to sort out for themselves, your son is of an age, and has made decisions that he is and will continue to work out for himself.  You care, and sometimes that’s all we can do, but it’s part of being enough .... and you are enough.  How you dress, particularly with depression challenges, is up to you, and if your counsellor and you agree that it is something you need to consider, I am sure you will come to it in your own time, your own way.

I am glad you are here and posting, and the ultrasound came up good ... 👍

utopia
Senior Contributor

Had my psychologist appointment today.  Didn't go well. 

Everything she suggested I said no to. 

I was in a cranky defiant depressed mood.  I told her about Sunday and calling LifeLine.  I told her the suicidal thoughts are pretty constant.  I told her my house wasn't messy,  it is feral.  Nothing is clean.  Shit is everywhere.  This is not a way to live. 

I told her I wished my blog clot and heart problems would just die me.  Save me the trouble of having to do it. 

She mentioned that she believes I have unrepeatable depression.  That's not what I want to hear today.  And she spoke about ECT!!!!  For God's sake.  I'm never doing ECT. 

I'm too afraid to die.  I worry about the pain.  But I don't want to live anymore either. 

She suggested I go to hospital. I don't know. 

But I rang my psychiatrist and left a message with his secretary that I need to come to hospital. 

I fear if I don't go to hospital,  then this weekend I'll start making plans to die. 

I've thought of so many ways.  Discounted a few.  But not allowed to talk about that here. 

Depression has his grip on me firmly.  I'm drowning and can't get out of the hole.  It feels like it will always be this way. 

I'm tired of it. 

This isn't living. 

No job.  No proper income.  Only 1 friend left. A son who doesn't like me or want to live with me. A pigsty of a house.  I'm so bloody fat.  I'm ugly.  No one to talk to.  Single for more than 10 years plus. Physical health problems.  Am a drinker and a smoker. Am lazy.  Have no energy.  No motivation. 

I quit counselling today.  Told her I didn't want to come back.  She was OK with that.  What does that tell you?  

I'm just f***ed! 

Hearing you @utopia.

I don’t care what size you are.  I don’t care what state your house is in.  Both can change.  I care about you, about the beautiful person I have met here who is battling through sh*t circumstances, with a teenage-dragon son which makes you feel worse about yourself cos they give awful messages from their not-adult-yet life perspectives, and I really want you to find reasons to want to live ..... I love the sense of humour that is still in there, even if it’s running on heavy-gauge sarcasm at the moment, and  you do, in fact, have a big loving heart when it’s not weighed down under a sh*t-load of depression .....

Please keep swimming, or floating, or floating with floaties, or whatever you have to do to keep going ..... your son will grow up and wake up to the fact that he can help you by beli bing in you ..... and I would like to see your mum get with that program too.

Hugs n hugs Hon.  Vent as much as you want.  If this feels like rock bottom, just sit and rest a while.  The energy to to put one foot after another and begin climbing back up can return.  Give it a chance, huh ?

💜💜💜

nashy
Senior Contributor

Hey @utopia  really sitting with you and understanding the level of pain and that sense of "there's just too much" to work through. Please know you're not alone, and although I totally understand in this moment you may not feel the truth behind the sentiment - you are beyond worthy. I am going to e-mail you in a moment Heart

nashy
Senior Contributor

Oh wow @Faith-and-Hope  Smiley Happy

Second all of that @utopia Heart Heart Heart

Zoe7
Community Guide

@utopia I echo everything @Faith-and-Hope has said my beautiful cocky friend. You have entertained me with your humour, encouraged me with your compassion and supported me with your wisdom over the years and it does not matter to us here what you look like, what state your home is in or what you do to help you get through - all we see is a wonderful person who is really struggling with life. You are definitely not alone in that Hon and have support here to help you through this. 

It really does seem like hospital is a good option for you right now and requesting that takes courge ...and a will to go on - you just need help right now to do that. We all know it isn't easy but you have taken the first step in seeking help and that is encouraging. It is a horrible place to be sitting when you cannot get any pleasure at all from anything and you feel like mo-one understands or is there for you - but we are here for you and sitting right next to you while you work through this. Many hugs and a whole lot of love coming your way my friend - you matter to us ...a lot Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance