Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: HOME

Hope you are resting up at home and enjoying watching some television.--- ohhhh my @utopia , sitting with you my darling friend HeartHeart

utopia
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Shaz51 @Ali11 .

No TV or magazines or books in my ward,  so it was very boring. 

Being home in my own bed feels wonderful. And a bit of light entertainment on the TV is good too. 

Hi @utopia 👋 

I saw you on the birthday thread a short while ago.  Are you still awake ?

utopia
Senior Contributor

No I went to bed straight after that @Faith-and-Hope .

I figured @utopia .  I wasn’t awake that much longer either.

So sorry to hear what an ordeal you went through at your former workplace hospital, and hoping you’re on the mend now .....

💜💐

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Faith-and-Hope . Having CT scan of my chest,  abdo and pelvis later today.  Up at that hospitAl. 

Hi @utopia 

I am awake in the middle of the night again .... all part of re-adjusting my body clock.  I have uni start again today, and have had 2 x 2hr sleeps, so that is something, and will get me through if need be, but I am hoping to fall asleep again for another couple of hours if I get up and do something now for a while.  So this is me getting up to do something .... chatting to you.

My mind is too active to just rest in the dark and hope to drift off to sleep again, just yet.

I am hoping you are asleep now.

That’s a pain in the @¥?£ to be having to go back to that hospital again.  I hope your system can accept it as desensitising ..... but the most important thing is finding out what is happening with your physical health and supporting your recovery.  Wtg in pursuing it, despite the ickiness of the setting.

And I am so pleased, and proud of you, for the results of your assessment, and being able to pursue compensation now.  Whatever you get out of it is somethin’, and a statement that you were owed.  I hope there is an ounce or two of satisfaction in that.

Go you ❣️

utopia
Senior Contributor

Just wrote a great big reply to you and then I pressed a wrong button and boost - everything deleted. 

I hope you are peacefully sleeping right now.  It's awful when our minds don't quieten down and let us sleep. 

Yes CT scan done today.  Wednesday is psychiatrist appointment.  Thursday it's appointment with the psychologist.  Friday a 3 hour drive plus to see my newly born great niece.  Mums excited.  It's her first great grand baby. 

Next Tuesday is Echo test for heart. And 2 weeks later,  ultrasound on my left arm. 

Meanwhile,  it's off to my local tiny hospital for twice daily stomach injections for the blood thinner.  My stomach now shows every colour of the rainbow,  via the bruises.

Hope you are enjoying our lovely winter weather.  Keep rugged up. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

Well after a second visit to the ED,  this time in the middle of the night last Wednesday,  I'm over it all. 

More needles.  More CT scans.  No reports given to me verbally or physically.  12 hours.  So tiring. 

So mum is going to take me down to a top notch hospital in Melbourne on Monday.  We will see if they can work out why my thumb goes blue and cold and painful and why I keep getting splinter Haemorrhages in that thumb.  Hopefully they can just do all the tests that day,  at no cost and have me see someone on their vascular team. 

So that's our plan.  Fingers crossed it goes well. 

🤞💕 @utopia ....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance