Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

B45
Senior Contributor

Communication and hubby

I've been cruising along quite well.  I know hubby and my communication skills need work.  What do you do when you know hubby does things but he doesn't tell you.  We are going through an issue at the moment and I found out he's engaged in a conversation that was bagging people.  I'm afraid things that he says or does may jepordise his business reputation.  I can't talk to him about it as I feel he doesn't listen to me or understand me.  What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Communication and hubby

Hi @B45

This is one of those situations where it's important to understand that we are not and cannot be responsible for another person's actions.

I don't believe it would be a good idea to talk to him about this. It would just make life difficult for you.

Take care and keep cruising along well.
Hugzzz 💕 🎶

Re: Communication and hubby

Dear B45,

Do you think your husband would be willing to partiipate in Couples Counselling? Your GP can refer you to a counsellor who will talk to you both together and try to sort out some of the difficulties you are having. I realise he may not be willing to go along, but it is worth a try. My husband and I had counselling many years ago and it did help us see each other's point of view.

Ellu

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance