Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bimby2
Senior Contributor

Coming to terms with agoraphobic feelings

Being someone who is often plagued with the dread of leaving the relative safety of my home front,

I am pleased to say that i've had a small breakthrough with these feelings of being out and about.

Today I had a skin-cancer checkup appointment (which I kept faith with the doctor) and then went with

my friend for a coffee and chat afterwards.Had some moments of unease but managed to be away

for a couple of hours from my home. A real break through!  Hope this will be of some encouragement

to those, who like myself, fear leaving their comfort zone and staying too much at home. Bimby2

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Coming to terms with agoraphobic feelings

That's great, @Bimby2. When I first came to the forum about a year ago I couldn't even get myself to leave the flat to go to the doctors for necessary prescriptions. Now I am out at least once almost every day of the week. Like you, I still experience unease in social situations but I find it improves my mood overall to make the effort to get out that door which once sealed me in. Small steps lead to bigger changes over time. Good on you for making the move outwards today.

Re: Coming to terms with agoraphobic feelings

Hi @Bimby2, i can relate though you sound further along than me. I haven't been out of the house for since Sunday week 12days. Accept for hanging the clothes on back patio. Meant to every day but not. Not scared anymore, just don't see the point. Save a lot of money this way & don't have to deal with people. Haven't been well i guess
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance