Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Shaz51
Community Guide

Anti Anxiety medication and Alochol

Hello everyone , I am @Shaz51 Husband and i am wondering about MI and alochol with anti Anxiety and anti depressant medicatio mix

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Anti Anxiety medication and Alochol

Hi @Shaz51,

Generally speaking (keeing in my mind we can't talk about specifics), mixing alcohol with meds, may have some type of interaction effect. Have you spoken to his doc?

Again, very generally, alcohol is a depressant, which can further contribute to feeling low. I'm not sure how this all mixes together. And it also depends on how much hubby is drinking - if is to excess, then there are health concerns with that regardless of the mixing with meds. 

How is your hubby doing, Shaz? And how are YOU doing?

Hi @CherryBomb, my husband drinks 2  beers a day , or on a rare day he will drink 3  and he said he feels relaxed but very very  tired

no we haven`t spoke to the doctor yet

I think my hubby is tired of the work we are doing , but there is nothing else , so he drinks a couple a beers at the end of the day which is making him very tired

thank you @CherryBomb, I am doing ok

Hmm, sounds like it could be a combination of things -  work, stress, alcohol and meds - that is contributing to him feeling tired. 

Very very true @CherryBomb, I thought so too and my hubby agrees with that statement , now what ??

Hello @CherryBomb

thank you for your support

My hubby has been given a bottle of port so he has been drinking a glass or two a night

Today he said that feels very anxious , scared, terrified and thinks he wants to go to hospital for a break !!!

so I said i think it might be the alochol, so he said that he will stop drinking to see what happens

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance