Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Lovely to have a nice lunch @Pepsimax and some good company along with it Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Pepsimax 

Glad you had a good day. Lunch with the family sounds like a nice moment.

Yes it was good @Snowie @Zoe7 

@Zoe7 or @Former-Member can one of you talk right now? I know yous are busy and it’s fine if you can’t.. I’m just really down at the moment

I can for a little while Hon but will be going to bed early tonight. What is happening for you @Boonana ?

I’m really distressed.. I’m overthinking and I just can’t help it and it’s not helping with how I’m feeling. I need someone to talk to @Zoe7

Happy to listen @Boonana Tell me what is going on Hon.

@Zoe7 I just feel so weak.. I’m not good at anything, I don’t know how to get over problems as well as others, I am not good at ‘life’(I feel like I need a rule book to guide my every moves in life cause it’s actually really hard for me), I am always struggling, I have too many problems, I have no confidence, I am always scared and the list just goes on and on. I just feel so stuck inside a narrow, deep, black hole that I cannot get out of and no one can get in. I need light and I only get that light from other people. I can’t make it myself. I am not an independent person. I need help with everything 😞

Life is tough at times @Boonana There is no rule book and we just have to do the best we can but that does not mean that we cannot strive to be better. Independence is not always something that comes naturally to us - it takes a lot of learning about ourselves and experiencing things. You are young Hon and have so much in front of you - so many experiences to have and so much to learn. See that as a good thing as you can be whatever you want to be and do whatever you want to do. You have goals and ambitions and that is something that many your age still struggle with. 

Self-doubt is something many of us here struggle with but with help from your counsellor you can work on that. As for not getting over problems as quickly as other people - I think you would be surprised the length of time that takes for many of us here. ...and that also takes practice and knowledge - knowledge of ways you can deal with your emotions and thoughts and a lot of practice to put that knowledge in place. This is where I see it is important to have a psychologist that you can see to work through some of these things. It is great that you have a counsellor that you can talk to online but having someone you see regularly to work on this stuff is important too. I would strongly advise you to look for a GP that you can get a referral to a psychologist in your area - or alternatively the psych at your school. You cannot do this all on your own - you need that support and you deserve that support. 

Thank you so much @Zoe7 ☺️ I’m so lucky to have found this forum and met you ❤️
That really did make me feel a bit better..
can you help distract me now? I don’t really know what to say..
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance