Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

hi @eth  thanks for the tag, sounds like an adventure re Lightning Ridge and pity about support person. 

Hey @TAB   yeah, literally a crazy adventure!  So much risk taking ...

How are you travelling today?

Hi to you too @Adge   You're often on my mind.  

I only just got home from swim walk wash car(birthday) shopping 'adventure' @eth  lol Did you ever come across Robert G Barrett in your readings/writings ? I went thru a phase years ago going to local library regularly, read most of his books then, might have been suggested reading, although remember the name from magazine articles

Well he had lots of silly adventures Cat Happy 

Here's hoping we all keep our current adventures at a level of interest and safety.

Smiley Happy

Good on you for getting swim and things in @TAB 

@ethManaging risk was not such a thing when we were growing up.

I am not sure about all the safety talk that predominates. I can understand how it started in Workplace Safety to prevent terrible accidents.

Somehow courage seems lacking in these times.

Good on you for submitting work. 

I would have liked more support from my writing group. You have given me nice feedback on my writing, but my writing group was freaked out and too conservative. Always for me the problem of bending enough to fit in.

Thanks @Appleblossom nice to see you 😸

@eth  I hope tai chi goes well, you might be there atm.

Your story sounds adventurous. I guess back then it might not have felt that way.

We have a cool change here in tassie, looks the same countrywide. A break for everyone, including the land and animal life.

Enjoy your day, or what’s left of it. I have counsellor this afternoon, so I had better get moving. 💜💜💜

Hey @Appleblossom  yes I'm a little concerned my story might be a bit to way out for the others in my writing group, but have decided that if I can't be my authentic self with them then I'll withdraw from the group.  Also might be a little long but I'll tell them to stop me if they want to - it will just leave them in suspense, which isn't always a bad thing.  Hope you find another writing group where you feel accepted for who you are.  

@Maggie   at the time I was in such a manic state that I didn't see my behaviour as risky, despite some of the outcomes.  I was on a mission, deluded as it was, it was real for me!

Hope your counselling session is a good one for you.

Some more lovely rain today.

Happy birthday @TAB  - if I interpreted your post correctly.  Hope it has some highlights in it and that the year to come is fun and fruitful.

No I don't think I've come across that author.  What style/genre does he write in?

Trash basically re style @eth but its become really popular recently , well after decades. ABC did a a series based on it last year, saw a couple, it was alright. Umm oh I SAID birthday yeah that was car getting washed ie once a year 😸 just ask @Shaz51 re bdays its on Oct 😇 but thanks
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance